Is it okay to run synthetic blend Golden Spectro 4?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmax9

Reaction score
I have heard to stay away from pure synthetic engine oils for the V-Max. I own a 2004. I bought some synthetic blend Golden Spectro 4 engine oil. Are blends fine for this engine?

Also, anything else I should be aware of as I change it? Does it matter if it was regular petro oil and now going to a blend?

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.
Derek
2004 V-max

I have heard to stay away from pure synthetic engine oils for the V-Max. I own a 2004. I bought some synthetic blend Golden Spectro 4 engine oil. Are blends fine for this engine?

Also, anything else I should be aware of as I change it? Does it matter if it was regular petro oil and now going to a blend?

Derek
2004 V-max

Don't believe synthetic oils are a problem with the engine, the clutch, being a 'wet type,' will sometimes have problems with synthetics.
Check with the oil manufacturer to verify this oil is approved for wet clutch's.

Derek
2004 V-max

I run the golden spectro 4 in my 1500 tourmaster motor. this oil tested well against pure syn oils.

Also I noticed you get less clutch slippage with the GS4, compared to full syn, being it is a blend.

it does not matter if you switch to a different type or brand of oil.

Back