Is ram air possible with stock bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocsVmax

Reaction score
I have been reading this site, Im new to it and I love it. Tons of good information. I was wondering, and I havent found a thread yet, can the scoops on the side of the carb, tanks be used or set up as ram air? I saw some aftermarket ones for sale, which were very overpriced. I was wondering if these could be machined or altered to flow air into the airbox? Im sorry if this is a newb question, Ive been reading every night this site and am learning as quick as possible.

i loved the idea of ram air. at its root it makes sense. so i started researching the subject and ran into the project that traumahawk linked to. but after researching some more, i stumbled on an article. the article went so far as liken it as a "fad". if i understand the final consensus, the article concluded that the numbers of dollars invested into modding in ram air is wasteful for the fractional amount of HP gained. reason being, one has to to be at the high end of the speedo dial in order to start seeing any fruitful effects.

Air filled with Nitros is nice and cool. In the end it might be easier and cheaper to install but, will your stock motor last?

Latest posts

Back