Is re-jetting difficult?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
First off, I gotta say that I'm still learning and loving the Vmax more and more each day. I've read the dynojet instructions and obviously can see that the needles can be shimmed or replaced easy enough. But, my question is....just how difficult on a scale of 1-10 is it to replace the jets:ummm: Thanks, Clay

Last edited:
Mains aren't too bad as long as you take your time the first time.

First time: 7
After that: 2 (I put two due to possibility of dropping the jet inside the bowl. :bang head:)

I could take pictures for the FAQ section if others would like that.

Mains aren't too bad as long as you take your time the first time.

First time: 7
After that: 2 (I put two due to possibility of dropping the jet inside the bowl. :bang head:)

I could take pictures for the FAQ section if others would like that.

Thanks man! Most defintely would appreciate pics.:thumbs up:

Maleko,

I have an ancient set of Venture carbs sitting on a shelf in the garage. I can get some pix of those for you right quick. They will be Hi-res if you want to manipulate them.

Let me know.

Hey Clay,

You're not looking to rejet with those pipes are you?

I would highly recommend you wait and go to Topeka with us all and get a base line and a A/F mixture. :thumbs up:

I can do it in 10 minutes on mine with a toothpick.Freaked the guy out running the dyno last time.

Hey Clay,

You're not looking to rejet with those pipes are you?

I would highly recommend you wait and go to Topeka with us all and get a base line and a A/F mixture. :thumbs up:

Not anytime soon Chris. I'm more curious on how its done or how hard it is to do since there is a lot of talk about it. The Mikuni Vmax carbs are so different from what I'm used to :hmmm: I know it cant be as hard as the Keihin carbs on a old Honda V4. They have to be completely removed from the heads in order to remove the float bowls to access the jets. Whatta PITA:bang head:

So when is Topeka? I would love to make that event!
Clay

Not anytime soon Chris. I'm more curious on how its done or how hard it is to do since there is a lot of talk about it. The Mikuni Vmax carbs are so different from what I'm used to :hmmm: I know it cant be as hard as the Keihin carbs on a old Honda V4. They have to be completely removed from the heads in order to remove the float bowls to access the jets. Whatta PITA:bang head:

So when is Topeka? I would love to make that event!
Clay

June 22nd? Mark???

Back