Jack for Gen 2 with no cat, has Akra midpipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have an inexpensive Pittsburgh jack for my Raider from Harbor Freight. I am pretty sure it will not work on the Max since no framework under there.

I would like the get some recommendations on a jack for my Gen 2 Max which I have deleted the catalytic converter and have a Akrapovic mid pipe.

Thanks in advance for advise!

Drag specialties puts out a flat jack that I use on my gen2 for all sorts of lifting I even use it to change tires on vehicles I use it with my big lift on the bike fits perfect under the bike great for front and rear work while it’s in the air on the lift

Attachments

• FC7820E5-F823-4BDF-A96C-368C0717E0BB.jpeg
    FC7820E5-F823-4BDF-A96C-368C0717E0BB.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 28
I am out of town so I cannot look to see the underside of the bike. But am I to understand that without a cat the weight of the bike will be supported by the exhaust system on a flat jack pictured above without any issues.

Just want to make sure I am clear before I could possible break something loose. Thanks

that actually works?? Id have assumed the weight of the bike would bend the exhaust or put and enormous load on the pipes at the heads.
Exactly my thought. I use wooden blocks and lift on the oil pan.

My 09 has stock exhaust. I bought this very heavy duty adapter that goes on top of that Jack and picks up 2 points on the engine block. A bit of a PIA to get alignment before the lift but you can't knock it off once it's up.

If interested I'll look and see if I can find the old receipt.

My 09 has stock exhaust. I bought this very heavy duty adapter that goes on top of that Jack and picks up 2 points on the engine block. A bit of a PIA to get alignment before the lift but you can't knock it off once it's up.

If interested I'll look and see if I can find the old receipt.
I’d love to know what adapter you have. I can’t seem to find something I would trust to not damage my 2015 with factory exhaust. Thanks in advance.

I have looked all over looking for the receipt for this thing and can't find it.. I've had it a long time and maybe was on an old computer drive that is long gone. But I usually save the old paper copies for just this reason.. Here is a pic of the one I have. I also bought a big scissor jack at the same time for this plate..

I did find some info from an old post and some internet digging..

K&L Supply did it! Here is a link to a web page that had the jacking plate
https://dealer.klsupply.com//jacks-stands/mc450-plate-for-09-vmax-37-7345.asp
http://www.cvvmaxsgarage.com/vmx1700-k--l-fat-jack-and-adapter-stand.html

You can touch base with them if they can still supply it... If not and there is someone on the forum that has the skills, equipment and material to make these I could make a CAD drawing that could be used to fabricate it..

If I used the metal shop I usually use for business, and they only have to make 1 it would unfortunately be pretty big money is my guess..

When I use this it raises the rear wheel.. Once I get it up.. If I need to work on the front I put a block under the crankcase and lower the jack.. rear comes down and the front comes up..

I usually put a 2x4 under the kick stand, and have someone steady the bike while I get this in place. I did just buy a wheel chock so now this should be a 1 man job.. bringing it down is EZ..

Let me know if I can be of more help!!

Attachments

• VMAX JACK PLATE.jpg
    VMAX JACK PLATE.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 0
Why not just use a swingarm-lift stand for the back of the bike, and a head-lift stand for the front? That's what I do.

At one point, when changing out the shock, I can't remember exactly what I did but I think I ran a rod through the frame and used jack stands to support it.

I have looked all over looking for the receipt for this thing and can't find it.. I've had it a long time and maybe was on an old computer drive that is long gone. But I usually save the old paper copies for just this reason.. Here is a pic of the one I have. I also bought a big scissor jack at the same time for this plate..

I did find some info from an old post and some internet digging..

K&L Supply did it! Here is a link to a web page that had the jacking plate
https://dealer.klsupply.com//jacks-stands/mc450-plate-for-09-vmax-37-7345.asp
http://www.cvvmaxsgarage.com/vmx1700-k--l-fat-jack-and-adapter-stand.html

You can touch base with them if they can still supply it... If not and there is someone on the forum that has the skills, equipment and material to make these I could make a CAD drawing that could be used to fabricate it..

If I used the metal shop I usually use for business, and they only have to make 1 it would unfortunately be pretty big money is my guess..

When I use this it raises the rear wheel.. Once I get it up.. If I need to work on the front I put a block under the crankcase and lower the jack.. rear comes down and the front comes up..

I usually put a 2x4 under the kick stand, and have someone steady the bike while I get this in place. I did just buy a wheel chock so now this should be a 1 man job.. bringing it down is EZ..

Let me know if I can be of more help!!
Hi Jerry,
I emailed K&L about a week ago regarding their 2009+ lift adapter. They said that it was no longer available. I’d be very interested in the CAD drawing you mentioned. Thank you!

Hi Jerry,
I emailed K&L about a week ago regarding their 2009+ lift adapter. They said that it was no longer available. I’d be very interested in the CAD drawing you mentioned. Thank you!
I should have some time in the next week or so and will make a print. Kind of a shame they won't make a short run of these.

If there is anyone on here that works in or owns a metal fab shop I could email prints directly.

If we can get maybe 5-10 people to buy in the cost will be much better I'm sure.

I should have some time in the next week or so and will make a print. Kind of a shame they won't make a short run of these.

If there is anyone on here that works in or owns a metal fab shop I could email prints directly.

If we can get maybe 5-10 people to buy in the cost will be much better I'm sure.
A friend I work with bought his son a welding machine who’s showing signs of interest in starting to tinker with metal fabrication. He’s a sharp kid & I know he’d be up for a challenge. He could use the practice & I could use a stand. I’d buy the materials & turn him loose. Who knows, we may come up with an improved design based on your original that would support the front end as well so both wheels could be safely removed at the same time.

that actually works?? Id have assumed the weight of the bike would bend the exhaust or put and enormous load on the pipes at the heads.
It does work. I used it on the stock exhaust and then when I have the hindle 4-1. Use it when I change the front tire, or need to get the bike in the air. In all honesty the weight on the bike is probably 200 lbs or so on that jack. The entire weight of the bike is 675 ish, then minus cat, then minus stock exhaust, so probably 625. You arent lifting the entire bike. You are lifting the front, while leaving the rear on the ground. Thats why I say 2 to 300 lbs......but probably closer to 200.

Hi Jerry, I’m just following up on your offer. Any idea when you may have time? Thanks in advance.

Back