larger windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLSE99

Reaction score
Does anyone Have A Suggestion For A Larger Windshield? Or Pictures Of Your Bike With Something Other Than The Flyscreen. I Am Just The Right Height That It Just Pushes The Wind In My Face. Thanks

Memphis Shades Malibu. Requires relocating the front turn signals, and it was a cast iron BITCH to get it all positioned just right, but here it is.
10402817_10203290143829720_6257609747655255017_n.jpg

GIVI Airflow
http://www.givi.co.uk/screens-spoilers/AIRFLOW/Airflow

First time I got the screen I installed it with standard turn signals position. I have 2" handlebar raisers though that relocate the blinkers up as well.

The screen has four mounting points - lower on forks and upper on the handlebar. Very flexible and very sturdy. Also there is a sliding spoiler with rather wide range, about 5 inches I suppose.

Immediate problem with the initial setup was I had to put the screen a bit far ahead because of the indicators so the lower edge was one inch in front and one inch above the headlight that created some difficulties with too much reflection in the darkness. Hence the headlamp visor.

Now after moving the indicators to the lower tree clamps (the lugs are thinner than the clamp gaps, I swear!) I was able to readjust the screen closer and lower to the top of headlight (closer to the headlight than on the last pic). There's still a bit of reflection from the speedo. Not too distracting though and can be easily eliminated with a small visor on the dial.

The windshield cuts the air stream to the area around the top of the helmet visor approximately. I'm 1.85m that is 6'2" I think.

I opted for the transparent glass not to affect the look too much. A bit silly considering the GIVI wingrack with full hard luggage rig :biglaugh:

btw givi makes vmax flyscreen as well http://www.givi.co.uk/screens-spoilers/Naked-with-universal-fitting-kit/A200

Attachments

• IMG_9354.jpg
    IMG_9354.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9355.jpg
    IMG_9355.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9381.jpg
    IMG_9381.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140418_191402.jpg
    20140418_191402.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Immediate problem with the initial setup was I had to put the screen a bit far ahead because of the indicators so the lower edge was one inch in front and one inch above the headlight that created some difficulties with too much reflection in the darkness. Hence the headlamp visor.

Where did you get your headlight visor at?

Back