LED tail light...??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazoR333

Reaction score
I was going to purchase an LED tail light from Motorcycle mods.
Would I need to reduce the voltage to this the same as LED turn signals?
What type of resistor ,(ohm) would I have to put in if I do?

It wires right up, no need for anything other than maybe some longer wiring. I had to add 4-5" of wire but I haven't had to do a thing to it since I installed it. It's a nice piece and you should have not too much trouble getting it mounted up.:thumbs up:

It wires right up, no need for anything other than maybe some longer wiring. I had to add 4-5" of wire but I haven't had to do a thing to it since I installed it. It's a nice piece and you should have not too much trouble getting it mounted up.:thumbs up:

I just bought this light and the bullet connectors were a smaller size than the stock ones on my bike. i just cut and used the stock wiring to extend them anyway. I have to say though compared to the light i made for the grab bar area the motorcycle mods one is very dim . I wired the brake on all the time as a running light and use the other as the brake. I think i used the same strips as coprunner. They are located here http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm if you are interested. The running light on them is probably close to twice as bright as the motorcycle mods one. If anyone wants me to take a pic i can.

I just bought this light and the bullet connectors were a smaller size than the stock ones on my bike. i just cut and used the stock wiring to extend them anyway. I have to say though compared to the light i made for the grab bar area the motorcycle mods one is very dim . I wired the brake on all the time as a running light and use the other as the brake. I think i used the same strips as coprunner. They are located here http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm if you are interested. The running light on them is probably close to twice as bright as the motorcycle mods one. If anyone wants me to take a pic i can.
I made my own with some L.E.D.s I got from Pep Boys and some 3/4 " rubber gromments I got from lowe`s , the whole thing cost me about $30.00 and they are really bright especially the brake lights(drivers now have no excuse besides stupidity)
I have pics of it in the gallery.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I have the motorcyclemods brake light as well, and I concur with everyone else that it could DEFINITELY stand to be brighter. I am contemplating putting some LEDs by the grab bar as well. Anything that can grab attention is good. Which is also why I run my exhaust with almost NO fiberglass packing :eusa_dance:

I only use my MM light as a brake light along with a couple Custom dynamics light bars. (These are the ones that flash 5 times then go solid when the brake is applied)

The signals are wired as running also, they add a lot to rear end visibility IMO.

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100_1506.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1507.jpg
    100_1507.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 54
Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree of all the trees most lovely...

lol

Just kidding Danny.

I put hi-vis reflectors on Susan's and my helmets to make sure peeps saw us. Higher is truly better IMO. Like the center brake light on a car.

Chris

I have one also. I also have a led brake light were the reflector used to be. It is a nice looking light. I am debating powder coating the bracket black also. I had to use a diode between the two lights because power was going through and turning on the brake light at first. It is nice.
picture.php

picture.php

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree of all the trees most lovely...

lol

Just kidding Danny.

I put hi-vis reflectors on Susan's and my helmets to make sure peeps saw us. Higher is truly better IMO. Like the center brake light on a car.

Chris

Ah...no problem Chris!! I'll go to ridiculous lengths to try and avoid being run over......I'm funny that way!! :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Hey, I just re-read that....you really think it's lovely?? Thank you, thank you!!

Ah...no problem Chris!! I'll go to ridiculous lengths to try and avoid being run over......I'm funny that way!! :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Hey, I just re-read that....you really think it's lovely?? Thank you, thank you!!
IN MY LIFE I'VE GONE THROUGH RIDICULOUS LENGTHS TO GET LAID , BUT THATS A WHOLE OTHER STORY !:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

The same reason why I put the reflectors on our helmets. Their hi-vis green so they don't go with my helmets at all but it's all about safety.

Just busting your balls!

:eusa_dance:

The same reason why I put the reflectors on our helmets. Their hi-vis green so they don't go with my helmets at all but it's all about safety.

Just busting your balls!

:eusa_dance:

Yeah, I know!! :biglaugh:

All this front/rear end visibility prep and I'll prolly get taken out by a friggin' gas main blowing up underneath me!! :rofl_200:

I have the UFO taillight. It's very bright and there is a very good distinction between running/brake. Other than the wire colors being a guessing game, it fit in nicely and works well. It does have a lens on the bottom to direct light at the licence plate, but the assembly itself is 2-3" shorter so the light gets obstructed by the black plastic surrounding it. The plate is lit up a little, should be enough to keep cops away.

Back