Light switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride with my high beam on; if you're blinded, then you see me and won't take a chance at turning left when I'm coming through. The other benefit, if my high beam goes out at night, then I still have low beam and won't blind the night traffic....

I do the same thing after having my low beam burn out one night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Got the light switch installed, need to wire up the leads to the head light and parklights...

1175199_10200302301752164_17441425_n.jpg

So far so good, I had to cut the headlight and parklight wires(blue w/ black tracer) from the starter button and they match up with the headlight switch wires(red w/ yellow tracer). Anyway, matching, splicing and soldering is done.

Now here is my problem; the headlight and parklights are "off" in the off position(naturally) and "on" in the on position(again, naturally). I have nothing in the PO(parkinglights only) position. Now there is a third blue wire coming from the switch and it is live in the "PO" position. I'm hoping that I can use this along with a relay so that the relay supplies power to the high beam light, which should come on in the "PO" position leaving the parking lights off.....

I had the same taillight long time ago. It looks great but could be brighter. I added a brake light and replaced the reflector.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'll stick with my light being on all of the time for added visibility.

I might try to wire something that delays it from coming on for 15 seconds so it only comes on after I start the bike. This will be useful for extending the life of the headlight, especially once I get the HID installed.

I'll stick with my light being on all of the time for added visibility.

I might try to wire something that delays it from coming on for 15 seconds so it only comes on after I start the bike. This will be useful for extending the life of the headlight, especially once I get the HID installed.

Trust me, I leave my headlight on high beam for conspicuity during the day. I've modified all my bikes to be able to shut off the parklights and dashlights(can't see them during the day anyway).....less draw for the charging system....

Back