Load equalizers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mista_max

Reaction score
Hi I changed my stock flashers for LEDs. Solved the flash rate problem by adding load equalizers. The problem I have now is that if I activate the flashers when the head light is off the LEDs operate normally and all the LEDs in the flasher are lit. As soon as I put up the kick stand and head light comes on only 4 of the 12 LEDs are lit bright and the rest are either off or very dim. Would I need to change the load equalizer resistance?

thanks

Max

What value resistors did you use and where did you put them (i.e. which wires)?

Sound like have a a wire in the wrong place (on the bike I mean!)

My headlight is on all the time - unless the starter button is being depressed - and has nothing to do with the side stand switch. Are Canadian Maxes different?

Sounds like the switch is sticking and it's actually drawing current or trying to ground through the opposite set of signals (which is common too and why a in line splice should be used). We sell the Kuryakyn splice fixes (about $8 if I remember correctly) to get the left and right sides segregated so they won't act as hazards!

Sean

My head light only comes on if mysidestand is up I also have and additional head light relay ( been there since i bought the bike form previous owner)

the laod equalizer I'm using is something like this one http://www.maxxima.com/products/product_detail/226/M50905-3-Pin%20LED%20Load%20Equalizer/view/.html# except i did not have the connectors atached . Connected one red wire to the blinker red and the other to green/brown and one black to the blinker black and the other to the ground. I think the value for the resistor was 5 or 6 Ohms.

Sean I'm not sure i follow what you mean withth einlie splice.

You can take the bulb out of the instrument to see if the problem disappears. If it do, you have to use the diode kit. (Bulb no.8)

Attachments

• Instruments.jpg
    Instruments.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 16
Back