looking at a 90 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosgarage57

Reaction score
hey guys, new here. looking to buy a max. ive found 1 that is a couple hours away, its 1990 witg engine mods.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/3742757575.html

there is a member here with a 95 ive been trying to contact but no luck :-(

i am hesitant on a pre 93, they changed the brakes and ignition right? im not looking to spend a ton. ive had a ton of metric cruisers. my current ride is a buell Ulysses. ive always liked the max. i sm in knoxville tn, home of curvy roads and the dragon. :) i am not 1 for "bar hopping" or whatever a lot of HD riders do. fairly young (25). if i want to take long rides i can use the uly.

any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

thabks,
Luke.

Seems a bit much to me, but someone who has more experence could give you some better advice than that.

i feel like it's priced a bit high, and he wont budge but 10p. id rather have a stock engine with a nice exhaust honestly. im impatient tho and want a max NOW :). thank you for your input.

yea and some random tips on the end of the exhaust, just doesn't rub me the right way i'd keep looking

Too high for a 91. Don't know your budget but the newer the better. Over the years Yamaha gradually fixed all the bugs in the bike. From 2003 on there were no changes of significance. I wouldn't buy earlier than 2003 but if restrained by budget, 1996 is the oldest I would buy. Also buy as stock as possible. That way you can make the bike your own and avoid poorly done mods. That said, if anyone on this forum has one for sale, you can research the bike thru the threads of the seller.

he has dropped the price a little bit. it is between the nada values, and with the accesories it comes witgh (ufo seat, 2nd gear redone, new tires) i believe it would be worth it. 4k is my max (broke collage kid) so i think this is agood un

he has dropped the price a little bit. it is between the nada values, and with the accesories it comes witgh (ufo seat, 2nd gear redone, new tires) i believe it would be worth it. 4k is my max (broke collage kid) so i think this is agood un

Really the best part is the fact the 2nd gear is redone and he had a profesional do it.

yeah i called him and talked to him for a bit. seems like a super nice guy. i wish he was a bit closer, and it was saturday already. im pretty sure im getting this 1

I've bought lots of stuff from TT, it's always been better than described....he's a straight shooter, you don't need to worry about him. :punk:

great guys, thank you all for the vote of confidence. i do feel bad about that old of a bike (i was 4 years old when the 91 came out) but its within my price range, and these things keep their value so well its crazy. i would like to have a rear rack, and maybe a slip on exhaust

This is not the place to ask for the right price..lol if you want it and it runs good get the one you want. Trying to find the cheapest is not always the best thing. Find the best you can afford. see what mods are done. If they have some done you wanted to do already then that saves you money.

2stangs has a point. I got the cheapest one I could find and have now spent as much as I would have on one that runs the way it should.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you go for the one from Texas he might even have the rack you want on the parts bin. Talk to him he might even get you a deal with the rack if he has it...

Latest posts

Back