Master cyl rebuild kits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats scary is this is NOT the way I pulled them out, and it worked. Going off of the mechanics of the plunger system it makes sense to go this route.

Kenny, just out of curiosity....what was different when you first pulled the clutch apart? Were the parts in a different order, or the directional seal turned around? Or both.

The second rubber cup was turned around and facing the end of the bore. I believe it was installed from the factory that way. I'm the second owner since 2003 and the first didn't do anything to the bike in the short while he had it. Strangly enough, on the brake side I was missing the small thin washer in the same spot.

The second rubber cup was turned around and facing the end of the bore. I believe it was installed from the factory that way. I'm the second owner since 2003 and the first didn't do anything to the bike in the short while he had it. Strangly enough, on the brake side I was missing the small thin washer in the same spot.

Strange! Monday masters, perhaps?? :ummm:

Be interesting what you see for a performance difference, I would certainly expect some, with the clutch especially.

I haven't bled the clutch yet but I can say that the front brakes are different now. I had to readjust the lever throw to let the brake switch work so I'm pos that the brakes will be better. Can't wait to road test it...The brakes were great before.

Kenny is that a flat washer you have on the spring end of the piston? I didn't get one of those with my rebuild kit. Does it go on the spring side of the rubber ring, or the other end? Also, I take it that the spring side rubber fits onto the end of the piston as well - does its narrow edge face the same direction as the other rubber? Hope this makes sense. Hang on I'll take a pic

Nevermind - I did have a flat washer on there without realizing it. Just need confirmation that the spring-side rubber ring goes onto the end of the piston with the narrow edge facing AWAY from the spring.

One more quick question - Hanes says something about a pushrod. My brake lever has a small bolt that contacts the MC piston directly. Here's a pic:

IMG_0092.jpg

Is there anything that is supposed to go between that bolt and the flat end of the piston (which sticks out of the rubber boot)?

Nevermind - I did have a flat washer on there without realizing it. Just need confirmation that the spring-side rubber ring goes onto the end of the piston with the narrow edge facing AWAY from the spring.

One more quick question - Hanes says something about a pushrod. My brake lever has a small bolt that contacts the MC piston directly. Here's a pic:

IMG_0092.jpg

Is there anything that is supposed to go between that bolt and the flat end of the piston (which sticks out of the rubber boot)?

No, nothing else. it just rubbs on the end of the piston. make sure the adjustment rod and lock bolt are correct so the brake light switch activates.
as for the spring...let me reread your post quick.

Open and right click on my pic and save to your desktop so you can blow it up for a closer look.
From left to right, outer rubber dirt cup (goes on last) , then e clip and piston, then rubber seal facing to the right as shown. Make sure that you have the non dimpled one on the piston. Look close at the seals, they are different and use some oil and small pick or screwdriver to install it. then the thin washer goes on the other end of the piston to cover the bleed off holes, now look at the remaining rubber cup. it has small dimples on the flat side, they go against the washer back to back. you will also notice that its the only way the round metal piece fits on both the spring and the inner lip of the seal. Make sense?

Attachments

• new%20176.jpg
    new%20176.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back