Maybe I won't feel so bad if I tell myself I'm restoring it - bent fork issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any bike should track straight if you let go of the bars. Mine is straight and steady. If you have to lean to counteract the tendency of the bike, it suggests the forks aren't holding the wheel perfectly straight. Like a car you always have to hold the wheel slightly to one side because of poor alignment.

well now i'm gonna stir the pot. mine leans off to the left if i let go of the bars. i think quite a few guys i've talked to have said the same. mine never did until i went radials though. i think it has to do with the extra weight. if i shift over say 1/2" -3/4" viola its gone. also i think it has to do with the lash of the drivetrain. if i accelerate and take my hands off the bars (throttle lock) its gone or sometimes will want to lean right.

well now i'm gonna stir the pot. mine leans off to the left if i let go of the bars. i think quite a few guys i've talked to have said the same. mine never did until i went radials though. i think it has to do with the extra weight. if i shift over say 1/2" -3/4" viola its gone. also i think it has to do with the lash of the drivetrain. if i accelerate and take my hands off the bars (throttle lock) its gone or sometimes will want to lean right.

Mine goes left when I let go of the bars. I've seen this mentioned by a few others on this forum as well. It's not severe or anything. As G mentions, if I shift my ass a touch to the right, it tracks straight and true. But, I don't feel "centered" in the bike when I do this even though the bike is running straight down the road.

I never thought much of it. Just figured that the rear wheel is offset a bit to the right compared to the frame and the weight of the diff and driveshaft are all on the left so that all together would make sense, at least in my mind. Wether or not any of this is an acutal explaination for it I have no idea. :confused2:

As far as the guys bars falling to the left when the front is off the ground: Mine does the same. When doing the "bounce test" I notice that there is a fine line in adjustment where the bars will bounce once of the stops when they go left, but will not bounce at all when nudged to the right. I figured it was due to the cable routing. :confused2:

I know part of it is cable routing, it doesn't seat well all the way to the right. I'm not thrilled about the whole situation, but it rides fine and you don't really notice anything going down the road.

The brake drag is constant, no high spots or rubbing.

Mine goes left when I let go of the bars. I've seen this mentioned by a few others on this forum as well. It's not severe or anything. As G mentions, if I shift my ass a touch to the right, it tracks straight and true. But, I don't feel "centered" in the bike when I do this even though the bike is running straight down the road.

I never thought much of it. Just figured that the rear wheel is offset a bit to the right compared to the frame and the weight of the diff and driveshaft are all on the left so that all together would make sense, at least in my mind. Wether or not any of this is an acutal explaination for it I have no idea. :confused2:

As far as the guys bars falling to the left when the front is off the ground: Mine does the same. When doing the "bounce test" I notice that there is a fine line in adjustment where the bars will bounce once of the stops when they go left, but will not bounce at all when nudged to the right. I figured it was due to the cable routing. :confused2:

all the same here. i think radials really exacerbate the tracking to the left as it leans soooo much easier.

Back