mixing Metzeler lasertec form , ME880 rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Builder

Reaction score
Does anyone thing its not a good idea to mix Metzeler Lasertec front with ME880 rear ?

I ran that combo on my Max until I went to radials. I would not mix manufacturers, but different models from the same manufacturer should be fine. With my radials I run a Metzler Roadtec Z6 front with an ME880 rear and have had great results. When I ran the Lasertech front with the ME880 rear I had no issues and found that the Lasertech front performed better than an ME880 front. Hope this helps.

A lot of people have done this combination. never heard any negatives

I ran that combo on my Max until I went to radials. I would not mix manufacturers, but different models from the same manufacturer should be fine. With my radials I run a Metzler Roadtec Z6 front with an ME880 rear and have had great results. When I ran the Lasertech front with the ME880 rear I had no issues and found that the Lasertech front performed better than an ME880 front. Hope this helps.

Thx guys, I heard good thing about Lasertec in front (specially for wet roads). I am going to go ahead and order it with a ME880 rear.

BTW, I found this guy Peter from http://www.gpmotousa.com who is giving me a good deal. Motorcycle-superstore.com is missing Lasertec 110/90-18 in their site, they told me Metzeler does not make it!:)

Back