Mmmmm responsible owners aye ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to be some sort of idiot to leave a loaded handgun out where your kids can get to it, or worse yet to allow other people into your home who would do the same (as it sounds like may have happened here), especially when the kids are too young to teach gun safety to.

It's like those people you hear of every so often who try to sue gun companies because their gun went off when they were cleaning it while it was loaded.:hammer bash:

It's one thing when negligence leads to self harm, but its another when you're the cause of something like this.

It's also unfortunate that cases like this are panned as why guns are bad and need to be gotten rid of, rather than showing the cases in which they are used properly and effectively (which sometimes also end with a dead body).

I put this up as an example as why a bit more needs to be taken with guns.
I'm not getting into the good/bad of guns debate...but there should be more taken over them....just cos it's your right to own one doesn't mean you can be flippant about how dangerous they are.

I'm betting the gun was not legal and the owner was not licensed to carry a gun. I'm not sure what is meant by " a bit more needs to be taken with guns" . We have laws that law abiding people abide by. It's the criminals that don't play by the rules. Another reason for owning a gun and having a license to carry it. It's in our constitution and God willing , it will always be there for all of us.

I'm betting the gun was not legal and the owner was not licensed to carry a gun. I'm not sure what is meant by " a bit more needs to be taken with guns" . We have laws that law abiding people abide by. It's the criminals that don't play by the rules.

Yep....criminals dont follow the laws like everyone else. If they did....there would be no bank robberies....etc....

Apparently Australia needs to Ban knives as well.
Mother arrested for murder after eight children stabbed to death in Cairns
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...en-children-killed-in-mass-stabbing-in-cairns

And cars, planes, tractor trailers, water, farm equipment, ladders, trampolines, motorcycles.....etc. If that gun killed that baby, then all of these kill people too! Its stupidity that killed that baby, not the gun.

The fact that the woman said someone stashed that gun under the couch cushion and nobody knew about them is some serious BULLSHIT! Aint nobody gonna come into your house and stash their guns in YOUR couch. That is a seriously fucked up story. :ummm:

The kids obviously SAW someone stash the guns, and didn't likely randomly find them. This tragedy will most likely be used as fuel for the unscrupulous anti-gun lobby, which will twist or eliminate many facts. We in America will never hand our guns over to the Government, like Australian citizens did. And at a cost of 500 million to the Australian tax payers. Crime also went up the following year in Australia.

I put this up as an example as why a bit more needs to be taken with guns.
I'm not getting into the good/bad of guns debate...but there should be more taken over them....just cos it's your right to own one doesn't mean you can be flippant about how dangerous they are.
The same can be said about poisonous liquids. Knifes, keys left in an ignition. Responsibility is relative. No sane person leaves a fire arm unattended. I have a feeling these people were not of the law abiding type.

Obviously they are all full of shit and belong in jail. What two year old do you know can pull a slide and load a round into the chamber or pull back on a hammer or pull a double action trigger. I sure as shit don't know one. Whatever type of hand gun it was it had to have been loaded and ready to fire. Those "adults" represent exactly they type of people we need our guns to protect against.

The same can be said about poisonous liquids. Knifes, keys left in an ignition. Responsibility is relative.

Here is a quote from Escape from LA

Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a no-smoking nation. No smoking, no drinking, no drugs. No women - unless of course you're married. No guns, no foul language... no red meat.
Snake Plissken: [sarcastic] Land of the free.
Malloy: This is your last chance, hotshot.
Snake Plissken: For what?
Malloy: Freedom.
Snake Plissken: In America? That died a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUqNCDwQj4

I always have been a Rob Zombie fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKdEg_xEqU

Back