Moisture on Marks Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Been getting moisture marks at the joints of my Marks exhaust. Anybody using some high-temp RTV sealant to seal the joints, or should I just let it go?

What does mark do?

And I used an RTV sealant on my hindle pipes and cured my decel pop.

When hot they expand to seal. Mark McDade told me this is normal and a good way to get rid of the "juice" when they cool back down.

Thanks, I have some and will try it. I cleaned it off the last 2 times with carb cleaner, but every time I start the bike it comes back.

Yeah, mine too. It only happens where rear headers join the mid pipe.

Yep, same here. I wonder what would happen if you sealed it up with some high temp silicone sealant? Might be too hot for the sealant....don't know the temp spec. on it.

I've wondered if the moisture is formed because these pipes seem to dissapate heat so well and cool so quickly. :confused2:

Whatever the reason, I don't bother with it unless I'm detailing the bike.

I'm kinda anal about the bike being spotless...and the spots on the new pipes are driving me nutz!

I just clean them off when I get around to cleaning. I spend a good amount of time in the winter polishing and "deep" cleaning that I really only get the bucket full of suds and wash most of the bike a few times of the year.
I sometimes will go to the car wash to spray the wheels and the heavy grime on the lower part of the bike. For daily/ after rides I use a quick detailer spray for a quick cleanup & to clean off the bugs that takes about 5-10 minutes. I only get 5 to 6 or if I'm really lucky 7 months of riding each year so I'd rather spend time riding than cleaning.
I need to pick up some of the Honda polish as I have been using Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish, which works pretty well, but maybe the honda polish will save me some work!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back