Marks Exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhra6284

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Marks Exhausts systems are still available? I want to keep my center stand.... Been looking online and can't seem to find them.

We can still get a few Hindles that will let you keep the centerstand. I have a few used systems too. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you are interested. We also make a modified Marks system that has differnet mufflers for a different look and tone.

The UFO 4/1 could have the centerstand put in place but you couldn't ride with it mounted.

Hello. I can't figure out how to ask a new question, so I'm going to jump on this exhaust one. I got some Cobra slip-on exhaust ends, when I bought this 02. I'm wondering if they increase preformance enough to put them on? I'm not into super loud though. They look pretty new, any idea of what they are worth? I have a set of OE air scoops? Also. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Hello. I can't figure out how to ask a new question, so I'm going to jump on this exhaust one. I got some Cobra slip-on exhaust ends, when I bought this 02. I'm wondering if they increase preformance enough to put them on? I'm not into super loud though. They look pretty new, any idea of what they are worth? I have a set of OE air scoops? Also. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Go with any exhaust .as long as it's not Cobra.
They rob power.

Cobra's look cool & I like the sound but be prepared to lose about 10hp if you put them on.

A stock OEM VMax is good for ~110 RWHP. The Cobras will increase your "gee-whiz, Martha, will'ya lookit that?" quotient by 15% which coincidentally is how much horsepower you're gonna lose. You will end up with about 95 RWHP. Not a good move if you're gonna be riding it like it was designed to be ridden.

Many people talked-into the Cobra 4-into-4's also had a Dynojet Stage 1 kit installed, and resullts from that combined mod do two things, well:

1. your horsepower drops about 15%
  2. your driveability is ruined: soggy response and overall lack of performance
Sell, 'em on ebay CL, facebook, or wherever you can, and don't look back.

Since you guys are laying out all the facts on exhaust add-ons, one of my Maxes has Mark's silencers. Everyone loves the sound. What are they doing to the HP and T ?

Thanks,

Tom
Mark's never made a slipon so you either have his full exhaust which is excellent or someone made adapters to fit Mark's pipes onto your stock exhaust which would gain no power but would lose some weight.

I bought one earlier this year. He was selling them on one of the Facebook vmax groups.

Back