More Questions - spring, cable routing, O-Ring...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
OK.... I took my stooooopid pill.... Please see pic below, anyone know where it attaches too (the spring)? Please dumb it down for me.... It's the rear brake lever, I have the spring attached (Assumingly correct) from the lever to the light indicator, but I'm not sure on the placement of the larger spring.

Also, if anyone has some details on throttle cable routing I'd like to see/hear/read it, so I can be sure my new uppers and old lowers are routed properly.

Water Pump Elbow O-Rings... I replaced my water pump and elbow a few days ago, I reused O-rings (I ordered 2 new ones yesterday) as soon as I filled the system it started leaking at both ends of the elbow, just drips, but a leak none the less. Should the new o-rings solve this or am I missing something that I should be doing? Other then slip the o-rings on, I did nothing else to the elbow (aside from a fresh coat of paint - I masked off the ends of the elbow) or the o-rings. Needless to say, I drained the coolant and have removed the water pump and elbow so I can resolve this. Might as well replace the mechanical seal before putting it back on too.

:worthy:

Attachments

• Riverview-20110602-00098.jpg
    Riverview-20110602-00098.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 45
Throttle cables loop around, through the forks to the left side of the frame. Should be going parallel to the clutch line. Tucks under plastic neck cover and connects to junction box. Cables from carbs loop out and run parallel to clutch line as well to hit the j-box. The little plastic connectors in the j-box only work correctly one way. If your throttle feel like its hanging up, try rolling the connectors over a 1/4 turn.

O-rings should take care of the drip. A little petroleum jelly rub doesn't hurt prior to install.

Never really paid too much attention to the large spring on the rear brake. I thought it attached to the foot peg bracket. Could be wrong on that one :confused2:

Thanks guys, wanted to make sure I had the cables routed properly and it sounds like I do. No binding with smooth operation - never hurts to double check.

I'll use some petroleum Jelly on the new o-rings when they arrive - Monday I Suspect.

As for the mounting point for the spring.... I best be digging through my 'part' boxes.... nothings been thrown out yet, so it must be there somewhere... If anyone has a picture or can take one, I'd love to see it :)

Check - New to forum new Max owner - post, just above yours. There is a pic of the spring in question. Also some nice eye candy.

So it looks like I'm looking for some sort of Washer/clip to bolt behind the peg mount. I'll dig through my box O' goodies. lol

Back