Morgan carbtune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I just ordered a Morgan carbtune finally! I really wanted the digisync but this sucks to say..... My wife wasn't to happy with the few extra bucks for it. Can anyone tell me how long shipping takes roughly from across the pond? I'm in Southern Ca. I guess when you own a Vmax you got to have one!

My Vmax is running like absolute CRAP! It's like it has less than half of its power! I did the shotgun and was VERY careful on how I put everything back in. It might have helped some but a friend was over and wanted to "help" me. He decided to adjust what he thought was the idle screw on the left (shifter side) of the bike. The only problem is it wasn't the idle screw it was the sync adjust screw!! :bang head:
So I pretty much have no other choice but to buy a sync tool and once it's good then I can see if the shotgun worked or possibly do it again.

The carbtune is a fine tool, works fantastic, I have used mine probanly 30 times. My guess is it will maintain perfect accuracy regardless of how loud the whipping noise gets:rofl_200:

My Vmax is running like absolute CRAP! It's like it has less than half of its power! I did the shotgun and was VERY careful on how I put everything back in. It might have helped some but a friend was over and wanted to "help" me. He decided to adjust what he thought was the idle screw on the left (shifter side) of the bike. The only problem is it wasn't the idle screw it was the sync adjust screw!! :bang head:
So I pretty much have no other choice but to buy a sync tool and once it's good then I can see if the shotgun worked or possibly do it again.

Is that screw driver stuck up his butt? There is a way to get the sync set on the bench, but the Carbtune is on the way. It's a lot easier with the Carbtune. You'll like it.Keep us informed.

I got mine yesterday. I ordered it on 6/23. Looking forward to using it this weekend.

So it took about two weeks and the holiday definitely slowed it down for you. I ordered mine Tuesday the 5th I'm hoping it'll be here by the end of next week. Right now the GBP is down and Morgan is running a special for the tool pouch/carrying case and sync tool it only cost $94 shipped to SoCal.

Thats a sweet deal. I found mine on Ebay from a stateside seller and had it in 3 days but it was $107/shipped and no carrying case. With all the jetting and other changes to the carbs/air box I had to go through to get it right and just to keep it right it gets used fairly often, just couldnt get by without it.

I ordered mine on 7/5 and got it yesterday..... Opened it up and they sent the 2 column! :bang head: I emailed them and I would think they will make it right but it just sucks that it's going to take ANOTHER 2 weeks! The shipping slip on the box says 4 column and my emailed invoice says 4 column but I got a 2 column! I'm hoping they will pay for a faster shipping method since it was their screw up. I'll keep you guys posted.

I got a response at 4am Ca time (PST) they apologized and said they have been busy so the wrong one was sent. They are going to send the new one international sign for shipping which hopefully I will receive a little faster. Does anyone have any experience with this type of shipping and have any idea how long it will take to get to the west coast? Im really hoping she sent it out today because if not it probably won't start the journey until Monday. I will have to pay the return shipping and when they receive it they will refund me the shipping. So the Vmax is sitting in the garage collecting dust while I'm on my vacation from work which I planned on doing a lot of ridding this week!

Put up a new thread asking if there are any Vmax owners local to you that can loan you a synch tool to get it done. It only takes 10-15 minutes.

If no luck, just unplug the vboost connector when the unit cycles full open. You will hardly notice it is out of synch with the butterflies fully open. :biglaugh:

I'm guessing It's not just out of sync but because my idiot buddy messed with the sync screw (or whatever it's called) I know it needs to be done and start over. It's so frustrating that I had the carbs rebuilt not long ago and it's having problems again! I'm 99% sure this has got to be a carb issue. Just for the heck of it I'm going to pull the fuel pump today also.

If you are off work and want to ride I would go the hardware store and buy a roll of clear tubing, 2 tees, and a couple clamps. Pick up a piece of wood like a 1x6 if you don't have anything in your garage.

Mark the 1x with some marker lines. Attach 4 pieces of tubing to the board. Join the together at the bottom with your tees.

Fill the tubing about 1/3 of the way up with fluid of your choice. ATF, stroke premix, etc.

Connect tubes to your carbs and synch away.

Doesn't take long to make and cost is very minimal if you have some of the stuff lying around.

If they are WAY off you might want to do a "bench synch" first by removing the airbox and using a feeler gauge or tiny drill bit or piece of paper to gauge the distance between the throttle plate and carb body. This will get you in the ballpark.

Lookup homemade carb synch, home made manometer, and bench synch

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing It's not just out of sync but because my idiot buddy messed with the sync screw (or whatever it's called) I know it needs to be done and start over. It's so frustrating that I had the carbs rebuilt not long ago and it's having problems again! I'm 99% sure this has got to be a carb issue. Just for the heck of it I'm going to pull the fuel pump today also.

I am hour away and have 2 fuel pumps that work, Let me know if you need me come out as I still have the morgan carbtune. I have changed my phone number but you can contact me here.

I am hour away and have 2 fuel pumps that work, Let me know if you need me come out as I still have the morgan carbtune. I have changed my phone number but you can contact me here.
That is exactly why I love this forum.
Someone needs a helping hand and usually there is someone close by that can and will lend a helping hand.

I ordered me a Morgan Carbtune on 6/22 and received it on 7/6. As stated not bad considering the holidays. I think mine ended up being $97US with case after shipping since the GBP is still down. It was missing the small clear tubing for the restrictors, but Sean rushed one out to me. He said it would work without it, but the tubes would dance a little more. Great Service!
Got it all together and tried it out this weekend. I had NEVER done a carb sync before, but after reading all the great threads, I thought I would give it a try. Wow, it was actually pretty easy, not sure why I would even consider paying the stealers $70 plus to do this again. 1&2 were really close like 3 &4, but the two pairs were way off. With a few simple turns they are fully synced now. I noticed the idle came up as it got closer, so I just adjusted back to 1000 rpm after synced. A few blips on the throttle and it sounds great.
Funny thing was, just as I was wrapping things up, I was blipping the throttle a few more times (cause I like the way it was sounding) and it started to bogg down. I starting wondering what did I do wrong. After a few moments of panic, I realized the low fuel light had just came on, so I flipped it on reserve and within a few seconds I was back to normal. Whew that was a easy one. Test ride was great. Took it out for the weekend for a couple of hours, (fuel stop first of course). Ran smooth.
Thanks for all the tips! Hope your carb tune gets you going again.

That is exactly why I love this forum.
Someone needs a helping hand and usually there is someone close by that can and will lend a helping hand.

Know him well, Just a few Idiots that don't- He is willing to help people and goes the extra mile to do so. So those that don't believe he does stay on your own side of your negative DEFENSE and let him help others. PLEASE.

Thanks for the offer dragmaxster! But I wouldn't feel right having you come out to me. I don't live in Elsinore anymore I live in corona now close to the 15/91 mess! Over the next few days I'm going to try to work on it and if I can't figure it out I might have to take you up on that offer. Again.... I appreciate it tremendously!
Oh... And the next couple days it's going to be 100+ here so I'm sure it'll be 110-115 out by you! That's a little uncomfortable to ride in!

Thanks for the offer dragmaxster! But I wouldn't feel right having you come out to me. I don't live in Elsinore anymore I live in corona now close to the 15/91 mess! Over the next few days I'm going to try to work on it and if I can't figure it out I might have to take you up on that offer. Again.... I appreciate it tremendously!
Oh... And the next couple days it's going to be 100+ here so I'm sure it'll be 110-115 out by you! That's a little uncomfortable to ride in!

Tim, if you feel better about throwing it in the truck and bringing it out that is fine with me also.

Back