Morning Visitors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Taken in my backyard this morning. Big ol cow and her half. They have been stopping by about every other day for the last couple of weeks. For comparison, that is a 5' fence in the background. My guestimate would be she was weighing in around 600-700lbs and not quite 6' at the shoulder.

Attachments

• moose1.jpg
    moose1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Moose2.jpg
    Moose2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 22
  • moose3.jpg
    moose3.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 54
  • moose4.jpg
    moose4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 23
  • moose5.jpg
    moose5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 24
Taken in my backyard this morning. Big ol cow and her half. They have been stopping by about every other day for the last couple of weeks. For comparison, that is a 5' fence in the background. My guestimate would be she was weighing in around 600-700lbs and not quite 6' at the shoulder.

that is amazing kj, a deer in my back yard is a very strange thing.:surprise:

Very kewl KJ!! I'll bet a couple animals that size can gobble up some shrubbery!!

I was told once that the reason moose are so dangerous for drivers is because their eyes don't reflect light...but that's obviously not true, is it.

Very kewl KJ!! I'll bet a couple animals that size can gobble up some shrubbery!!

I was told once that the reason moose are so dangerous for drivers is because their eyes don't reflect light...but that's obviously not true, is it.
I was down at the local tavern and those two west ender's, Eino and Toivo, they told me the real truth to the story is that most drivers don't see the moose's eye reflection is because they have their eyes closed. The moose that is!!! And if you roll down your window just before you are to hit them you can usually hear them say "oh shit!"
Yah, you betcha that's a true story, eh! ;-)

I was down at the local tavern and those two west ender's, Eino and Toivo, they told me the real truth to the story is that most drivers don't see the moose's eye reflection is because they have their eyes closed. The moose that is!!! And if you roll down your window just before you are to hit them you can usually hear them say "oh shit!"
Yah, you betcha that's a true story, eh! ;-)

Most drivers don't see the eyes shine because the eyes are higher than most vehicles.....:confused2:

:clapping: Great pictures KJ I enjoyed them, thanks for sharing with us. Your lucky to have nature so close to your home!

Thanks Donn, I'm starting to get low on moose meat. This fall its time to stick an arrow through another. When I do, I'll whip up some moose jerkey to pass out.

on the 2010 ride I'll be serving some moose burgers and steaks. :biglaugh:

Thanks Donn, I'm starting to get low on moose meat. This fall its time to stick an arrow through another. When I do, I'll whip up some moose jerkey to pass out.

on the 2010 ride I'll be serving some moose burgers and steaks. :biglaugh:
Mmmm, moose steaks are delicious, but it's been a while, I'll be looking forward to the moose meal KJ! :punk:
I did get a elk burger in December, have venison all the time, and can have fresh fish anytime, usually no more than a day out of the local waters. I even had a bowl of rabbit stew back in February.

Almost ran over this lil guy leavin my driveway last nite ...but he did stop for a celeb shot.....

Attachments

• deer watchin.jpg
    deer watchin.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 19
Back