Motorcyclepedia Museum, Newburgh, NY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg-5386

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3332.jpg
    IMG_3332.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3356.jpg
    IMG_3356.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 17
Been awhile since I was in that area but a good reason to make a trip!

"RaWarrior," you been yet?

I stayed with some friends in Highland NY years ago, they lived in an old farmhouse on a square mile of land which belonged to a winery established there on the bank of the Hudson River by Italian immigrants in the late 1800's. Gorgeous country! On the other side of the Hudson River you could see the Hess Oil Co. tank farm and Poughkeepsie. I brought my KZ1000 w/me then, and it was about 8 yr. old, I had fun being there.

Someone else go and show us some pics!

Im working on a deal in that part of the country with a few dealers and will be up there probably in February or March...I would love to go see that. Has any one ever been to the private collection museum in
Here is a link to Motorcycle Museums around the World

http://vft.org/vftmuseums.html

"a113ycat" did you leave out the name of the museum you meant to reference?

Have fun Monday!

"a113ycat" did you leave out the name of the museum you meant to reference?

Have fun Monday!

I dont think there is a "name" so to speak..I was in Lexington Va. on a buying trip picking up some stuff from an old Kawasaki dealer and there is an old building down town by the markets and shops. We looked in the basement windows and it was like looking into Fort Knox for bikes and cars!!! The building was only marked with a sign that read tours for schools and private showings only. No other info provided. I have tried for the last couple of years to figure out who owns this and why they will not show it to the public.

Nope, I'd actually never heard of it. Put it on the list for next year though.

Went down to Newburgh a few years ago to see OCC(right when the "new" shop first opened), which was about the same time the show shifted from bikes to father/son drama and I stopped watching it. If you've ever wondered what the definition of "selling out" is, take a trip to the OCC "showroom"/merch emporium. I don't have a problem with some t-shirts and the like, but they're plastered their logo and faces on everything imaginable...everything from legos to talking beer openers to underwear. And the bikes all had an inch of dust on them....shows where the focus is.

Back