Mounting a Zumo GPS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themattreid

Reaction score
I have a RAM mount for mine, and wired it up to the battery with an in-line fuse, works fine. Problem is that the RAM mount makes it stick about 6" off the bar and it looks weird being there.

Has anyone found a good way to mount a GPS without using a RAM mount? Something to get it closer to the bars?

RAM usually makes more than one mount for each GPS unit. They should have one with a shorter arm.

I have a Zumo 550 and use the ram mount it came with. See pic for the mount which I leave on the bike.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of it installed. I only have one of it installed on my SV.

:hmmm:

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 18
I have a Zumo 550 and use the ram mount it came with. See pic for the mount which I leave on the bike.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of it installed. I only have one of it installed on my SV.

:hmmm:

Yo, Homie, I just ordered a 550 and wondered if you might have a closeup pic of your mount. Just wondering if I need to go find an aftermarket mount for it...not a lot of room on the B-King bars.

Don't go to any trouble, Chris, if you've got a pic already that would help, though.

Thanks.

Ah, carp. Found your pics in another thread.

After owning your 550 for a while, Chris, any recommendations on what accessories/subscriptions are good?

Ah, carp. Found your pics in another thread.

After owning your 550 for a while, Chris, any recommendations on what accessories/subscriptions are good?

I have just used it as it comes. I bought an extra bike kit minus the mount as I can switch it from one to another. I use helmet speakers.

Otherwise I am VERY happy with it.

My G/F named it Jack as she set it to the male Aussie... :biglaugh:

I didn't do XM or construction/traffic alert as I don't live in a large town and I already have XM in my cars and don't use it enough on a bike to pay for it all year.

If you have any ??? after you get it let me know.

Chris

Latest posts

Back