My '74 360 and paint ideas for my Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
My 1974 CB360 brought back to life. I rattle can painted it original metal flake orange candy. These cans were not cheap but the results turned out great. So nice in fact I am thinking of painting my spare Vmax fenders and air box cover. Only question is, use this same color candy orange or Yamaha competition yellow? Currently my 2001 Vmax is carbon fiber. I found a place that replicates 70's motorcycle paint colors. Marble paints. They have merged with a classic car place in Texas but a google of Marble will still get you to their site.

Attachments

• IMG-2654.jpg
    IMG-2654.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
My 1974 CB360 brought back to life. I rattle can painted it original metal flake orange candy. These cans were not cheap but the results turned out great. So nice in fact I am thinking of painting my spare Vmax fenders and air box cover. Only question is, use this same color candy orange or Yamaha competition yellow? Currently my 2001 Vmax is carbon fiber. I found a place that replicates 70's motorcycle paint colors. Marble paints. They have merged with a classic car place in Texas but a google of Marble will still get you to their site.
Damn good job, she cleaned up nicely!

1687004618165.png

Who doesn't love a classic Honda? Thank god you didn't butcher it by making it into a 'bobber.' The ruin of many a presentable, functional classic bike. I am amazed at what people who do that think such savagery does to the value of a motorcycle. Rip-off the fenders, throw-away the seat, replacing it with an upholstered plank, ruin the exhaust, and then ask $5,000 for your desecration.

One of my brothers bought one new. I had several 305's, and still have a Superhawk and a parts bike. It's waiting its turn... .

Don't forget the wonderful idea of removing any rear suspension. Hard to find a complete XS650. This one had a large luggage rack, functional but I removed it to look more factory. I could have done the paint stripes but they would be over $75 and might be tricky installing. It is interesting to see where they have evolved. The centrifugal oil filter. Dual air filters. The headlight bucket has a plug on the top where earlier models had the high beam indicator, back then it was red. Plastic tipped clutch and brake levers, and the good ole headlight on/ off switch. Why have your lights on if it ain't dark out?

Friends of mine from Western New York took the XS-1 & XS 650 Yamaha twins & went through them stem to stern. One of the national bike magazines gave it a review and said that it was probably better fitment than came from the factory. I've seen listings for them in bike purchase guides and they seem to hold their value.

I'm not a fan of hardtails.

View attachment 89565

Who doesn't love a classic Honda? Thank god you didn't butcher it by making it into a 'bobber.' The ruin of many a presentable, functional classic bike. I am amazed at what people who do that think such savagery does to the value of a motorcycle. Rip-off the fenders, throw-away the seat, replacing it with an upholstered plank, ruin the exhaust, and then ask $5,000 for your desecration.

One of my brothers bought one new. I had several 305's, and still have a Superhawk and a parts bike. It's waiting its turn... .
20180523_175014.jpg
Here's one of 2 CM400A's I resurrected. She's an 84 HondaMatic.
A true Honda, it fire's right up as soon as you bump the starter!

Back