My C O P experience

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.n2o

Reaction score
Well I just wanted to share my experiences with the Gannon kit. I installed it about 2 months ago. First off, the packaging was great the way it arrived. I knew the second I opened it that it was quality. I performed a complete carb job about a month prior to this and only found a float off a little, other than that nothing major in the carbs. My bike has always run exceptionally well other than some start/charging bs over the years. I've never been able to get a perfectly even plug read out of the bike no matter how much a/f tweaking I did but even with the stock coils and the float a little off the bike would run cosistent 11.00 @ 122 on stock bias plys which is pretty good. Since installing the Gannon kit I'm experiencing very even plug read, an extra 1.5 volts from the charging system, cranks over harder than it ever did even with the old 2 brush starter in there and pulls exceptionally harder than it ever did throughout the rpm range. The motor feels much more in "sync" and "balanced" than ever. I have not been back to the track yet but can't wait. I smell a 10.80 or a 90 :biglaugh:. I also never realized how much voltage I was losing through those shitty old coils. Anyway, my hat is off to Gannon for putting together one hell of a kit and I would recommend it to anyone...........John in Ct.

I've just installed my kit from Gannon too and it works flawlessly. The quality of the whole package was second to none, definitely a great improvement on the DIY set I did on my '86 and worth every last penny.

Thanks G for putting together such a quality product for our community!

I've put thousands of miles on my bike with Gannon's harness and Denso COPS. I couldn't be more pleased. The workmanship is second to none.
Steve-o

Yea I've got his kit too and although there was no actual hp gain my bike does start easier and I'm off the choke sooner, Gannon's a great guy to deal with and everything in the kit is top notch! :clapping:

The whole idea of the COP modification is great! I did my '85 before there was a ready-made kit out there. Bought the COPS and a Honda harness. I cut the plugs off the harness, cut the other part of the plugs off my coils, soldered/heatshrink'd the whole thing together, and just plugged them in. Worked great, and still do after a few thousand miles.
As said before - better starting, less cold-blooded (maybe because of a much hotter spark?), and overall better running. I do believe this is the single best modification that you can do to a VMax..... Now, with this kit, it becomes a no brainer!

Back