My first Vmax, got it for $840

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremys73

Reaction score
got this off craigslist for $840. '07 8000 miles, bent front forks and couple levers broke... couldnt turn it down. he was asking $1200 for it

Attachments

• IMAG2713.jpg
    IMAG2713.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 211
Deal of the year right there. Salvage or not. Usually not salvage when bought from an individual but all states or different. Good for you. I bought a 06 with minimal damage and salvage title for more. You got a hell of a deal.

Well as long as you have to fix it anyway, you should call sean and see if he has any Ri forks...

I don't know that looks like a lot of work... Maybe I could take it off your hands...

Super buy! Looking forward to your restore that I'm sure you are going to post for us.

The thing is that you weren't able to check the engine but even if the engine is dead it still is a good deal. Check frame by the steering neck as well.

Yep it's salvage title, the guy bought it for $2900 from auction and ended up needing money.. everything else is perfect, motor is so smooth, I test drove it before I bought.. can only get up to about 40mph before getting some head shake, ... But it's nice and strong

But yeah I can't believe it, been wanting a vmax for years.. I was the first one to call ( within an hour of posting) and was on it like flies on a rib roast...

I have been seeing stuff about the R1 forks... :)

Yep it's salvage title, the guy bought it for $2900 from auction and ended up needing money.. everything else is perfect, motor is so smooth, I test drove it before I bought.. can only get up to about 40mph before getting some head shake, ... But it's nice and strong

But yeah I can't believe it, been wanting a vmax for years.. I was the first one to call ( within an hour of posting) and was on it like flies on a rib roast...

I have been seeing stuff about the R1 forks... :)

Dude... Even if you only spent up to what the other guy did, you could have some crazy stuff.

Great find, glad to see someone with a passion for the vmax was able to pick it up. I'm sure you'll treat it right and fix it up nicely. I was in the same boat over a year ago when I picked up an 01 for $500, not a salvaged title just left to rot here in Guam. This is the most recent pic with about $2500 invetsed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 71
Great deal! Wish my '98 wouldve only cost that! Youll be one happy camper when shes ready to go!

If he bought it back after being totaled by the insurance co, then it would be a salvage or CD-Certificate of Destruction, not allowed to be re-titled. In FL it depends on the degree of damage. If it's salvage (capable of being rebuilt) you have to show all receipts for the parts, and have it inspected by the State. Then they issue a salvage title and frame plate/decal. I bet most states are similar.

http://www.hillstax.org/espanol/vehMotorizadoSpn/dealers/Forms/82363_Rev_0302.pdf

Deal of the year right there. Salvage or not. Usually not salvage when bought from an individual but all states or different. Good for you. I bought a 06 with minimal damage and salvage title for more. You got a hell of a deal.

Parts abound on this forum to fix anything, even engines should you need one..

Indeed. I have most of the parts to fix this beast. A great buy for sure and leaves plenty of room to fix it up. I have almost new fork tubes that I had bought for my 2005 (I bought them new and probably put 1000 miles on them). Looks like you also need a fender and fork brace. I should even have levers and other misc you might need.

Email me at [email protected]

If he bought it back after being totaled by the insurance co, then it would be a salvage or CD-Certificate of Destruction, not allowed to be re-titled. In FL it depends on the degree of damage. If it's salvage (capable of being rebuilt) you have to show all receipts for the parts, and have it inspected by the State. Then they issue a salvage title and frame plate/decal. I bet most states are similar.

http://www.hillstax.org/espanol/vehMotorizadoSpn/dealers/Forms/82363_Rev_0302.pdf

Thats about what Michigan is here also.

I had to do that on the last Vmax I bought ( the 97 Silver one ). I had all the parts already, but they needed to know where they came from so they weren't stolen parts. So I have to give them the vin from my 99 since the parts came off of that.

Honestly in one sense also you could part that thing out and buy something without a salvage title and then have something that is worth something in the end. By the time you put the money into this one, its not going to be worth much with the salvage title on it. And as said, not all states will let you title a salvage bike again for street use.

Todd

Yeah will definitely need that front end from ya, can't find a 93+ front anywhere.. and the motor, the motor, man that puppy growls like a fine tuned Japanese monster... There is nothing wrong with it from the steering head back.
I grew up around V4s uncle and step dad had V65s and now my uncle has an 05 vmax, he was excited as I was.. I never really had the extra money for a street bike, got three kids and six dirt bikes... But daddy's got one now .. nice to be on a vmax forum

I have a few sets of 93-07 front ends. The 05-07 tubes are different so you'd either need to get a complete fork leg pair or just the tubes I have. Either way we can help. Need to email me on prices.

As far as Ks goes. We have a number of different title options. For Salvage you have either salvage rebuilt and Salvage non-rebuilt. The non rebuildable salvage title can never be titled and used on the street (though there are ways to wash the title too).

Nice find, this is good info about the title.

I tried to buy that exact bike last summer for $1000 and the guy wouldn't sell. He was asking 1500 at that time. Guess he finally realized he wasn't going to get his asking price. I'm located up in Tulsa and have a few bits and pieces lying around. If you need any parts or help hit me up. Glad to see another Okie here on the board.

Back