My New Little Buddy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9. :punk:
Everyday carry. Haven't fired it yet but I really like the weight and feel of the gun. Looking forward to shooting it.

I shot a friend's Shield in .40 and liked it a lot, very smooth so I'm sure you'll be happy with it :) still love my Glock's though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nice! :clapping: Do they come in .45?

I hate to get set up to load another caliber when there still isn't any powder around (or wasn't last time I checked)

Nice! :clapping: Do they come in .45?

I hate to get set up to load another caliber when there still isn't any powder around (or wasn't last time I checked)

No .45. Just 9mm and .40.
I think it's too narrow for a .45 round. It's only .9" wide.

This is what I would prefer to carry:

hqdefault.jpg

I have carried a glock 19 for years and find it to be my favorite firearm on the planet. The simplicity, out of the box accuracy and fit/finish are perfect for me. Plus at a $500 price point it is hard to beat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

This one is $449.
Still haven't shot it so I can't say how that is.
An online reviewer put over 3000 rounds through it without cleaning before it started to have feeding issues. That's pretty impressive.

That looks like a nice carry. I'm still partial, after many years to a Browning HP in 9mm. I favor the Belgium or Portuguese made. They were also made in 40 caliber. It's longer but thin. 13 +1 or 14 +1 with aftermarket mags. It has never jammed after shooting thousands of reloads through it. What ya can shoot well is the best to own. The HP is so well made, the Argentine military had fully auto's made for their infantry units. The 30 round clip is used for a grip. Not available in Massachusetts, that's for sure.
Steve-o

I'm carrying a Para Ordinance 45, Carry 6 while my XDs 45 is in for recall. I saw that some S&W's have been recalled too. ?

Attachments

• PC 6.jpg
    PC 6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 16
Speaking of Glocks (Scott), I have an irrational dislike of any semi-auto pistol with polymer parts and more so any semi-auto without a visible hammer unless it has a mechanical "blocking" or "disabling" safety.

So I've never looked at or desired one before.

I've got three times as many revolvers as I do semi-autos so its just a preference thing for what I like in a gun.

Then I took a NIB Glock 22, the .40 cal, in on partial payment when I sold a truck.

Its the one I even considered giving back to the guy because honestly the cash I received was more than I was expecting to get anyway.

So of course I had to go shoot the damn thing and promptly fell in love with how it handles. Functions flawlessly and one of the few I've had that shoot to point of aim right out of the box.

I still won't carry it with a round in the chamber though. Every time I hear about some cop shooting himself in the leg or foot its due to the trigger, holding a partially cocked spring mechanism, getting hung up on a coat, seat belt tab, radio or anything else that can get in there and finish the "completion of cock and firing sequence" these guns operate under. Seems to happen most often when they're being carelessly holstered.

I wouldn't sell it though, it shoots really well.
And it stays in my truck since if it gets stolen it won't break my heart.

My favorite semi-auto is still the IMI Baby Eagle .40, even knowing there are better guns out there including some in my safe in the SIG and H&K lineup.

The Glock convinced me plastic guns are ok though. And got me seriously interested in that Keltec .22 mag Semi-Auto that holds 30 Rnds in the clip without looking weird or thuggish, until I found that they're out of stock probably till the end of time.

Yea you've gotta really be absent minded to accidentally discharge a Glock, if someone does then honestly they shouldn't be carrying anything to begin with. Had my 23 (compact .40) for about 15 years now and god knows how many thousands of rounds through it and it still performs like new :) I'm just the opposite, I hate exposed hammers... Just one more thing to snag on clothing when fractions of a second count, that's just my opinion though and being as so many special forces carry Sig's and Para's I very well could be wrong but those guys usually aren't running op's wearing street clothes lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree about the absent minded comment. You're right.

Reports I've seen indicate that accidental discharge rates with Glocks are near zero.
The gun WILL NOT go off without pulling the trigger.
But NEGLIGENT discharges are somewhat easier to have happen, due to poor practices on the part of the owner letting foreign objects cause unintended trigger operation.

I've caught
myself a few times doing dumb shit as well. 10,000,000 things going on at the same time having nothing to do with the gun at hand (work, phone calls, 70 hour work weeks, driving etc) that the permanent fixture of the weapon may not be the 1st thing on my mind 100% of the time.
That's why I don't carry on my person except on rare occasions (good knife is ok for that, for me, which i always have) but always carry one in the vehicle. I know its there and know exactly where it is if I need it, but if I'm moving luggage, loading or unloading test equipment or whatever else that's work related it may NOT be the 1st thing on my mind and I could see myself doing something dumb that would be compounded by that trigger design.

I guess I prove the point as to why I don't carry on my person most often, and that some people shouldn't carry, and when I do its something that is more difficult to be negligently discharged.

10 millimeter Glock for me. Fully stocked and one in the chamber. I'm sure the cost of a contract has a lot to do with What they carry. I also like my little Ruger 380 Not good for long range But with the laser sight does OK For what it is And I never get sick of having it on me It is the most comfortable carry gun I have ever owned

Glock's are a nice gun to shoot. First time I fired the g-17, I was 20ft out from target and single handed grouped 8 shots within 2" I still love my Ruger sr-9 for carry.

I got an idea Let's get together and go shooting Mason Michigan got a really nice indoor pistol range Little pricey but a lot of fun Electronic targets I think its called total firearms I wouldn't mind checking that little gun out you have Chad. what would be really cool is if somebody had some property with the target range set up we can have a cookout and shoot some guns who's up for

I got an idea Let's get together and go shooting Mason Michigan got a really nice indoor pistol range Little pricey but a lot of fun Electronic targets I think its called total firearms I wouldn't mind checking that little gun out you have Chad. what would be really cool is if somebody had some property with the target range set up we can have a cookout and shoot some guns who's up for

Sounds good. Shooting on private property is a lot of fun.
Phone books, refrigerators, old TV's, milk jugs full of sand or water. Good times.:punk:

Can goods and fruit make great targets also. Well who has the land for this event.

We could make it interesting and have a Quick draw competition.:rofl_200:

Back