my new paint, more morley chrome, new maxgasser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i NOW " BILL " , YOU NO NOTHING WOULD BE SWEETER THEN YOU TAKING A VIDEO OF YOUR OWN BIKE WITH ME DOING A 3RD GEAR BURNOUT UP DANNY'S DRIVEWAY ! .. :biglaugh: . NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ! .. :punk:

i BILL , WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD , I HAD MY XS1100 , I MYSELF PAINTED IT CANDY BLUE OVER SILVER FLAKE , I HAD BOUGHT A WRECKED XS1100 AND UNBOLTED EVERY ENGINE PART THAT UNBOLTED AND BROUGHT THEM TO A CHROMER , 6 MONTHS LATER WHEN I GOT THE ENGINE PARTS ALL BACK , AND WHEN I GOT IT ALL TOGETHER WITH A BRAND-NEW CHROME KERKER , IT WAS LIKE A SHOW BIKE , MAN I LOVED THAT MOTORCYCLE , I HAD IT FOR LIKE 10 YEARS , WOMEN - CRASHES - RUNNING THE POLICE - DRAG RACING IT - RIDING IN THE SNOW , MAN , THAT BIKE WAS A PART OF ME AND I ALWAYS HAVE MISSED IT , EVEN NOW ! .. SO WHEN I WAS GOING TO BUY MY V-MAX 4 YEARS AGO , I TOLD MY BUDDY " MIKE " THAT I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT A TRIBUTE BIKE TO MY XS1100 AND PAINT IT CANDY BLUE AND CHROME EVERYTHING ON IT ! .. AND MAN I HATE BLACK MOTORCYCLES , AND STILL DO , BUT AS MINE PROGRESSED THE WAY IT WAS GOING , I FELT IT HAD TO STAY BLACK ! .. AND NOW LOOKING AT MY BIKE I FEEL I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE , BUT BILL WHEN I LOOK AT YOUR " MAX " DON'T GET ME WRONG , ITS FAR MORE AWESOME THEN MY " XS " WAS , BUT I KEPT IT JUST AS CLEAN , BUT THE BLUE AND ALL THAT CHROME , HONESTLY MAKES ME GET CHOKED UP AND RELIVE THAT 10 YEARS IN MY HEAD , AND WISH I HAD THAT BIKE BACK ! .. YOUR BIKE IS BEAUTIFUL , ITS FRIGGING AWESOME !

Attachments

• 100_0808.jpg
    100_0808.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 13
i A STRANGE COINCIDENCE , IS HOW SIMILAR THE SEAT I HAD ON MY " XS " IS TO A V-MAX SEAT ! . :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_0808.jpg
    100_0808.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 16
Thats a pretty cool story Tim, thanks for sharing it.
Whatever happened to that xs1100 anyway?

Blue is my favorite color, and chrome mixed in with it just sets it off (imo)
and yours too i guess.
If i didnt go with chrome, i would definately black it out. I think thats a great look on a vmax.

I bought this bike for $2400 6 years ago and it only had 5300 miles on it,It now has close to 40,000 miles.
I did not keep reciepts for all the money that i put into it and really have no idea how much i have in it,and thats probably a good thing cause i dont really want to know. But i realize i sunk a lot of $$$ in a 26 year old bike and when i hear storys like the one you told me and i hear everyone else telling me how beautiful it is, It just puts a smile on my face. So thanks again everyone for your kind words about my pride and joy

Thats a pretty cool story Tim, thanks for sharing it.
Whatever happened to that XS1100 anyway?

Blue is my favorite color, and chrome mixed in with it just sets it off (imo)
and yours too i guess.
If i didn't go with chrome, i would definitely black it out. I think thats a great look on a vmax.

I bought this bike for $2400 6 years ago and it only had 5300 miles on it,It now has close to 40,000 miles.
I did not keep receipts for all the money that i put into it and really have no idea how much i have in it,and thats probably a good thing cause i don't really want to know. But i realize i sunk a lot of $$$ in a 26 year old bike and when i hear story's like the one you told me and i hear everyone else telling me how beautiful it is, It just puts a smile on my face. So thanks again everyone for your kind words about my pride and joy
i " BILL " I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT IT AT THE BROWNIE RUN ! .. HERES THE SPEC'S OF THE BIKE WHEN IT WAS STOCK , SAME WEIGHT AS THE V-MAX , BUT HOLDS 6.34 GALLONS , I MISS THAT ALSO ! . http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xs_1100_1979.php

Back