My wrecked Max *SOB*

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike does look a little worse for wear. What is your intention with the bike, repair it or part it out?

Will the insurance cover it or are you on your own on this?

Glad to hear that you came out not too badly injured.

Mike

I feel your pain, wrecked my 06 a month after buying it, first new vehicle I ever owned. And no full coverage at the time. It wasnt torn up as bad as yours, all bolt on parts. I was off for 10 weeks with a pinned ankle. Was more pissed about the bike than me ;) You didn't say if you were hurt, hope ur OK.

It's pretty messed up. Fork bent for sure and looks like maybe some frame damage.

Yo Shane, when you first posted the pictures, I said the bike was toast but read your parts list and thought maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. Seeing the "good" pictures I revert to my initial interpretation. This bike is toast my friend and perhaps a neutral party to tell you that will help you come to that realization with less mental torment. You could buy the salvage remains and start parting her out. How much of it will you feel safe passing on to another Maxxer? I will guess the salvage price to you will be 250-500 bucks so you will have to make that up to break even plus your time and expense to wrench, list and ship. Not to mention the space this takes up. Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about? And your physically hurt to boot. Maybe getting your check and hobbling away is your best play with this hand. Just think of all the fun you can have shopping for a replacement. There are two or three on Ebay this minute I would be bidding on! Heal fast and strong. Patmax

:ummm: i think that'll buff out...

glad you're gonna be ok, Shane!

kinda funny how the vultures are swirling overhead, waiting for the part-out :biglaugh:

i'd fix it, probably spend more than buying another, but i have more fun in the frustration of the rebuild :bang head: but then again, i'm just a glutton for punishment when it comes to the max ;]

Hey guys, I'm healing at this point. Reconstructive surgery on my leg was a week ago, still have a long road ahead of me. Only have Fire and Theft on the bike and since the accident was my fault, I'm hosed. So once I'm walking again, I'll be stripping her and getting the frame checked, if that checks out, I'll be rebuilding her. I can repair it cheaper than I can replace it.

Love my max and still holding onto hope that she'll run again!

Greetings Shane I have been down that road literally and I hope you have a full recovery.What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and your bike will be back on the road bigger and better than ever.I'm sure the mod monkey is already planning your rebuild.Cheers Kevman.

Have someone measure the gap between the front right head and the frame rail. That's where i was concerned.

Have someone measure the gap between the front right head and the frame rail. That's where i was concerned.

Will do, and at the risk of sounding stupid.... measure both sides and they should be the same, correct?

Impact with the car was on the left side of the bike.

Not sure but would think it should be the same. Just for some reason it looks a little off to me??

dang... can you recall what happen and what you did wrong? How could you have avoided it? Trying to gain knowledge on how to prevent accidents.. what kind of gear were you wearing when you went down to have to need reconstruction surgery on your leg? many times people ask me why i wear knee pads under my jeans.... I tell them i dress for what i want to be wearing when i fall off :)

Back