Need new wheels and forks - where to buy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themattreid

Reaction score
07 model, wanting to go to the sizes on the bike in the forum logo. I think that's 17" rear and 19" front?

So, given the shaft drive and all that - what model wheels do I need, and where do I get them?

thanks!

Also interested in the R1 fork mod, or R6 if that also works. Any info on that would be great. :worthy:

I would wait until your warranty expires before I took that plunge. Contrary to popular belief, any addition of non-Yamaha factory parts WILL void your warranty.

That's why I'm waiting to do anything to mine as well.

Regards,
Tom

U.S. Law states that it only voids the warranty if they can prove it is what caused the issue. If you put wheels on it and the engine locks up they can't void the warranty due to different wheels.

I have researched this subject.

This is true.

U.S. Law states that it only voids the warranty if they can prove it is what caused the issue. If you put wheels on it and the engine locks up they can't void the warranty due to different wheels.

I have researched this subject.

That being said I would go light if I were you. I went with Carrozzeria wheels and am VERY happy with them. You could get a Max rear wheel from them and an R1 front wheel from them too. The only issue you may have is getting the speedo drive setup.:hmmm:

I like my 18" rear and 18" front wheels.

Chris

I went 19 in front 18 rear but had to have new hubs made.

I had 17's on it front and rear[Dymags] and next to the Harley guys in looked like tricycle.

I went 19 in front 18 rear but had to have new hubs made.

I had 17's on it front and rear[Dymags] and next to the Harley guys in looked like tricycle.

I think Shawn likes the gearing of the 17 rear.

The 18 is however great on the highway. Forged Aluminum wheels are lighter. The front is probably 10 pounds lighter than stock. The stockers are NUTS heavy!

the RC rear is almost twice as heavy than stock and the front is i think 50% hevier than stock. correction the RC rear with me 880 200/50/18 is just under 50 lbs, just a few pounds heavier than stock.

Last edited:
Main question is what is your goal?? Light weight? looks? aand how much do you want to spend? Basically your looking at 1800.00 for all wheels, RC, Carrozzeria, Galespeed's. Or you could buy converted wheels, there are rears on ebay or cycle one off or send in your stockers to be converted.
the cheapest would be to buy the cycleoneof rear and then go to ebay and buy an older yzf 600 wheel, maybe 100.00 this wheel accepts a speedo drive, 60 bucks and fits the vmax rotors and axles all for about a 1000 bucks. thats the cheapest i have found.

my main goals are performance

so:

lighter weight and tire selection - would like to run the Pilot Power in a 190/50-17 assuming a 190 will fit between the swingarms

Of course I'd like to spend as little as possible without having to run a veypor or the like. The front stock is 18" and the Pilot is only 17" front - so assuming I switch to a 17" front then my steering changes - correct? If so does it change for better or worse?

Back