Need some help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njwhit

Reaction score
I have a baaaaaaad "low" speed wobble up to around 40 mph. Have had it on a jack and there is nothing noticeably loose in the front end. It is so radical if you attempt to ride with one hand that it will scare the crap out of you. It is not very noticeable when gripped with two hands. If u hold the grips with your finger tips u can feel it slightly but if u go to one hand you will about wreck. You can ride with one hand over 40 or so mph but the threat Of it wobbling out of your hand and face planting on the road is always in the back of my mind lol. I will be doing the obvious of having the front wheel balanced but just wanted some input.

Low speed weave =

HEAD BEARING MOST LIKELY TOO TIGHT + REAR TIRE RUN-OUT.

Start it & put it in gear while it's up on the stand. Might be able to verify rear tire run-out while viewing this.

...my .02.

Too loose Jim if it's wobbling with little or no hand pressure. Too tight would make it not want to go straight and require constant correction.

I had same problem and it was steering head bearings. The races had little notches worn into them. After new bearings and races, it was all good.

Too tight would make it not want to go straight and require constant correction.

This is what I call the low speed weave Sean. That's all I was saying. I guess this bike is actually 'shaking' at low speed.

Well, this sounds like a time to check all bearings-head races, F & R wheel bearings, & swingarm. A new properly-balanced set of quality tires will help too. The Big Guns on here already spoke, I'm thinking you need some simple replacements and adjustments to be cruising w/no drama.

I have the same problem.when I bought mine,the guy gave me two washers to fix "high speed wobble" I don't know if they help the slow speed as well.I have to research where they go.

I personally think the washer fix is BS . I think lubed & properly adjusted bearings is the key. I sell & use all balls bearings in all of my bikes & have no problems what so ever & I dont ride my bikes easy.

Paul's the "All Balls" ad character is a haulin' butt guy decked out in a Mohawk & cool shades. I use and recommend "All Balls" Steering head bearings in my rides, too.

Back