Need to update the headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax1961

Reaction score
I really don't like the headlight of my VMax, think it's too flat. I'd like to replace it with something more mean looking. Thinking about VTX headlight, but am afraid that'll be too big for the VMax.
Are there any good headlight mods out there? :ummm:

Icelandic VMAX?!

Would like to visit there someday

I am in the middle of changing my headlight to an Aprilia Shiver headlight. Have to get some custom brackets made before I can mount it. Check some of the euro sites for other ideas.

Icelandic VMAX?!

Would like to visit there someday

I am in the middle of changing my headlight to an Aprilia Shiver headlight. Have to get some custom brackets made before I can mount it. Check some of the euro sites for other ideas.

There are quite a few VMax here, I'm driving a '05 (397/2000) and did own the first one here in 1987.
I'm frequently in the US, end have been looking around for mods. Best for me to shop in the US.
Any pictures of your Aprilia light when done will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, this is a photo from a small bike show on an island off the south coast where only 4000 people live.
More than 170 members, some from the mainland but still...
911ead10-96de-44ff-9f11-d622265a9f4d_ms.jpg

also type in 1300 VMAX on you tube. I was going to do that headlight mod but it is extremely expensive to get that part over here (not available in the US)

Plan to do a cybermax myself, but that's some coin for a headlight assembly.

We are using an MT03 headlight on the current project. Do a search on this european bike.

Sean

I've seen the MT-03 before but thought it was scrapped. I actually like the overall look and wouldn't mind adding one to the stable. If the light bars made more of a V shape (came togther at the bottom) it could signify the V in VMax. :biglaugh:

I've always wanted to change the headlight on my max - I think it's actually too small for the bike, and that it would look much better with either a bigger round one, or maybe a twin round like the ones found on some modern scooters. I know I'll need to fabricate a new mount and am not too worried about that, only I lack some of the tooling to do the job right.

I'm not a fan of most of the 'cyberlights' found on those MadMax european upgrades tho - call me boring but I actually really like the classic look of a nice round chrome headlight bucket and lens on a motorcycle myself..

Those Raider turn signals on the forks are pretty sweet.

I've seen the MT-03 before but thought it was scrapped. I actually like the overall look and wouldn't mind adding one to the stable. If the light bars made more of a V shape (came togther at the bottom) it could signify the V in VMax. :biglaugh:
Ng, here is a 7" conversion headlight from Exactrep. May or may not be what you were looking for....:confused2:

Here's what we have for temp so far.

Sean

Attachments

• guage mount - 1st try.jpg
    guage mount - 1st try.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 65
Ng, here is a 7" conversion headlight from Exactrep. May or may not be what you were looking for....:confused2:

I couldn't find happiness there yet.. Plus Exactrep is mostly out of my budget!

Thinking more along the lines of finding the right donor bike then going for its headlamp in fleabay!

Latest posts

Back