Nelson Mandela has passed away

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
He has been ill for such along time and he has just passed away at the amazing age of 95 considering he spent all those years behind bars in bad conditions only to become president of his country . He was the main force in changing apartheid . He will be missed .

This thread is going to go badly like the 9-11 thread did.

"Although initially committed to non-violent protest, he co-founded the militant Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK) in 1961 in association with the South African Communist Party, leading a sabotage campaign against the apartheid government. In 1962 he was arrested, convicted of conspiracy to overthrow the government, and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Rivonia Trial" ...Wikipedia.

There's a lot more on the web about his history that applies here.

Mandela knew that violence was the only solution to discrimination against blacks in South Africa and he was correct. The violence he sponsored solved the problem quite effectively.

Violence will solve certain problems we have here in America and across the world with respect to terrorism. Violence directed at the source of the problem (A certain group of people with clear values), just as Mandela's violence was directed at the source of the problem (A certain group of people with clear values).

Mandela was a great man and his message and methods were clear. But don't forget he became a communist and a terrorist after seeing his non-violent methods fail. Who will step up and fill his shoes here in America? Mandella knew that bad people had to die before change would take place. Who will start using the correct methods against the correct people in order to eliminate the problem here in the US? Chris Christi? I don't think so. Barak Obama? Hell, he's on their side!

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.”
Frederick Douglass

Mandela is another great revolutionary lost.

Mandela was a great man and his message and methods were clear. VBut don't forget he was a communist and a terrorist. Who will step up and fill his shoes here in America?

are you advocating for a communist/terroristic uprising here in america?

Sure! What's a point of submitting such provocateur threads? You guys don't read other languages and rely mostly on official brainwashing info by Us goverment. Regarding Mandela - this crook and his wife put whites in reservations and killed a lot of people, not to say that they ruined the country. But you don't get it because you have very filtered info. My point of view - we are here for motorcycles. If someone want to start fighting - there are so many forums online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure! What's a point of submitting such provocateur threads? You guys don't read other languages and rely mostly on official brainwashing info by Us goverment. Regarding Mandela - this crook and his wife put whites in reservations and killed a lot of people, not to say that they ruined the country. But you don't get it because you have very filtered info. My point of view - we are here for motorcycles. If someone want to start fighting - there are so many forums online.

Not all Americans are so easily 'brainwashed' by our Gov't and news media. Your points regarding the true Mandela are exactly the way I remember them as well. I made the acquaintence of more than one South African refugee back when this all went down, and they (small business owners) would have been murdered if they hadn't been allowed to relocate to the USA.

Hell, before this week is over, I wouldn't be surprised if the media doesn't give the man complete Sainthood. :ummm: I turn the channel.

Yeah there are alot of very smart people on this board. And while I don't condone negativity ( me.... ok well maybe a little sometimes ) to people that have passed on. But if you spin things the right way, Hitler looked like a savior to many people also. I am not comparing the two, I am saying social media can make things look completely different then what they really are.

Do yourself a favor and research the heinous crimes some of these people have done in the quest to achieve what they think is the right thing.

I was always taught two wrongs don't make a right, but I am not sure if thats entirely true anymore.......Blood on your hands is still blood on your hands though. You can't wash that off your soul even in the name of doing something right.

Todd

It can best be summed up with the philosophical question….”Does the end justify the means”?

It can best be summed up with the philosophical question….”Does the end justify the means”?

In this particular case - murdering 10's of thousands of innocent people, raping, robbing and general all-around pilaging of the countryside, trading a bonified government with law & order for their corrupt current one... - I'd have to go with a "NO!" to that philisophical question Eric.

The phrase 'the end justifies the means' puts the emphasis of morality on the end results rather than the actions taken to achieve said results. It is a statement of consequences and morality that can be described through numerous presented situations. Overall, it is seen as an attempt to excuse illegal or immoral actions and methods as long as the end goal is for good.

I was going to expound upon this thought, until I realized that this thread is not in the burnout pit. It did make me think though that one of my favourite movies does cross this line. V for Vendetta.

I guess that a better question is..."Who will be morally responsible when that line is crossed"?

Not all Americans are so easily 'brainwashed' by our Gov't and news media. Your points regarding the true Mandela are exactly the way I remember them as well. I made the acquaintence of more than one South African refugee back when this all went down, and they (small business owners) would have been murdered if they hadn't been allowed to relocate to the USA.

Hell, before this week is over, I wouldn't be surprised if the media doesn't give the man complete Sainthood. :ummm: I turn the channel.

Wow...

My Uncle Sean and is family lives in South Africa and works at the Kgatelopele Wellness Care Centre in Mmabatho he's a Doctor there. He been living there sent's 1961 me and his son Tony we are best of friends. I been going to South Africa from 1978 to 1986 with my Mom and Dad brother's and sister's until my pops passed. I picked up going back from 1991 to 2013 sometimes I stay 2 weeks but mostly 7 days. From what I understand some of the white companies were shut down for being raciest to South African Black when Mandela came in to office. You have to be a black South African to fully understand so many blacks was in-slave murdered for so many years.

Mandela is thought of as hero to whites and blacks in South Africa.

Back