neutral switch replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry79

Reaction score
The previous owner has grounded the wire going to the neutral switch so that the neutral switch stays on all the time. This seems to override all the other safety switches also. What is involved in replacing the neutral switch? I was hoping that I didn't have to take the cover off behind the brake lever off.

If you can replace it without removing the mid gear cover I would be impressed with your wrenching skills.

I would not bother to try. The gasket is cheap. Coordinate the work with an oil change and spend and extra 1/2 hr in the garage to change the switch.

I've been in there, it's super easy to get to.

You need to:
- remove the gearshift lever and its actuating link, and maybe the left footpeg for ease of access
- remove the mid-gear cover (a little oil will come out, be prepared), and be careful with its gasket or it'll need replacing
- follow the wire on the bottom left, it goes to the switch which is held by three Philips screws.
- remove screws, then pull switch straight out. Give it a good clean while you're in there!

Last edited:
Back