new details

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
"If you think that the new Vmax will be a motorcycle for everyone, then think twice. The Vmax will be a very expensive flagship model produced in limited numbers. Still Belton said; "We'll sell 100 bikes. No problem.""

I then asked for reasons for the delay. Insiders have told me that there are some political and possibly "green" issues with such a monstrous prospect the new Vmax concept is. In Japan itself there seem to be certain elements of resistance to a 200BHP+ monster motorcycle. I have also been told that someone high ranking working on the Vmax project have been furious with certain communication regarding the Vmax. Following all this, Japan has put a cap on all details related to the coming Vmax. What we do know now is that Yamaha could easily have launched a production ready model in 2008. However, due to these issues that even involve speculation regarding how well a 2 litre V4 with 200 horsepower would do in the emission tests, the Max is delayed at least another year whilst Japan sort things out.

Sounds ominous..
Talk about bureaucrats spoiling the party..

Its a motorbike for &^*^ sake if you want to get all green go chase the soccer moms in their H2s..:bang head:

Besides, putting EFI in will make it more fuel efficient.

I'm not too impressed with the first 2 lines of that quote. Sounds like the VMax will be some over priced trailer queen. That's too bad... but I wouldn't plop down huge $$$ on the new VMax no matter how impressive the numbers look.

I'm not too impressed with the first 2 lines of that quote. Sounds like the VMax will be some over priced trailer queen. That's too bad... but I wouldn't plop down huge $$$ on the new VMax no matter how impressive the numbers look.

Well then B-King it is...:whistlin:

guys guys.... just a couple lines of text and we all go running for the burger king? easy now... i posted it because it was new info but lets take it with the same grain of salt we do all the other rumors..

big corporations don't suddenly realize there is a green issue late in the development cycle.... i think he meant there was an image issue.... "does yamaha want to be associated with fire breathing fuel gobbling products"...

im curious what communication error they are referring to? what slipped out that bothered them enough to clamp down....certainly nothing implied in their survey right? all known details were in there...so what was it? weird... what got them uptight?
I bet you we start seeing more internet marketing stuff soon...my guess is they are already building them...that the real reason they cut the Max in 07...they had to get assembly lines ready and start making dealer inventory...

Latest posts

Back