New info on my carb problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65fury

Reaction score
Okay so after talking to a yamaha mechanic, ive been told my needles arent stock(even tho they are non adjustable) they have Y299 stamped on them and according to yamaha mikuni only put letters on the stock needles. Which also leads me to believe that my springs probably arnt stock either. So unless someone local has any stock vmax parts for me to compare or try out im at a loss on what to try next:bang head:

3 days of vacation spent trying to tune this bike and havent made any significant progress.... ive LEARNED a ton... but im not on the road to Texas so i dont feel like ive made any progress.

Anyone have there stock springs and needles they could take pics of... tell me the markings on there needle?? or measure there springs... ???

jason

Well i decided to double up my slide springs again(using a smaller spring and putting it inside my current springs) and see how it ran... and it was smooth all the way up to 5k with only a few pops, after 5k it kinda stumbled a bit but wasnt bad. Now i dont have much of a topend tho and it feels like its got tuerettes when pulling thru 7k and up

My vboost is on a switch and i tested it with it open and closd, altho result didnt vary much, with vboost closed it seemed to run a bit smoother.

jason

Yamaha mechanic is right that those aren't stock needles but wrong with the numbering. They do put numbers on needles. US49 needles are 5EZ43.

Well i guess thats part of my problem... what do you think about my double spring thing??? should i run it? until i get a jet kit form Sean im thinking it runs good enough to take my trip that im 5 days behind on now:bang head::bang head: I dont know anyone around here with stock parts or even a kit. I dont really need my topend to be anything special since im going for fuel mileage. Or any other ideas???

jason

If it works I say go for it until you can get parts to fix it.

Jason, shoot me an email when you return. I have stock needles you can try out to see if that makes a difference.

Jason, shoot me an email when you return. I have stock needles you can try out to see if that makes a difference.

Sweet, actually im gunna being staying at my buddies house in texas for 7-8 days so ill get his address and see if you could send them there. Thanks, ill pm you his address:biglaugh:

Jason

Back