VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman98

Reaction score
bought a 98 vmax month ago.love the bike goes good but its cal. bike dont no if thats bad or good.i put holeshot exhaust and jet kit stage 1 it seems better :eusa_dance::punk:

Welcome to the best forum ever for this bike!

Being a california model only makes one small difference - it's slightly 'cleaner'. It's got a can to collect unburnt fuel vapors. A lot of people just remove and trash them. Myself, I wouldn't mind it as it has no bearing on anything else, other than a tiny bit of added weight.

Holeshot is a great exhaust, but stage 1 is widely regarded a mostly useless around here. Best jet kit for performance comes from our resident guru - Sean Morley. See the ads for Morley's Muscle at the top of the page..

I see you made it! I went to bike night at the BOB in GR last night, met up with 3 other Vmaxes from Lansing and hung out. Was going to call you but I never got your number. Welcome to the forum! Post up some pics of the black max....

Usually the stage 1 kit makes the bike run much richer and mileage and power both suffer. You can adjust the setup to work but not with the jets that they usually include.

Sean

Back