New update...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
While changing the gear segment unit and the clutch-pressure plate ass. out, is there anything that may have gotten overlooked that may have something to do with the bike not starting while in gear with the clutch lever pulled in AND the sidestand UP ? Should I be looking more at the switch on the bars and call it a coincidence ?:confused2:

Coincidence because you didn't do anything to the electrical of the bike.
Sean

cool !!! maybe... :bang head: Sittin here at work talkin with the boss, who did a "from scratch<<<, all hand fabbed", trike conversion on his 82' GL 1100 Goldwing, that came out like it was sent from California Sidecar, wanting to know if there is anything you would be willing to do with a spare motor he has to give this thing some ooomff... He has a 94, Mustang 2.73:1 rearend in it, would U suggest just a gear swap or do a motor build for him... ? Thanks Sean...

Swapping the rear gear will be the easiest way to get some better acceleration and by far the cheapest. How does the rpm's do for him right now? If it's really low that that's the way I would go. If he doesn't want to sacrifice the rpm's by going the rear gear change then an engine is the next (more expensive) step.

Is he wanting to keep it Honda? If so I wonder if the 1500 or even better the 1800 will fit. I am pretty certain the 1200 would but it's probably not much of an increase in power.

Sean

Latest posts

Back