New Wheels and Swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty72

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pics of my winter project that I finished already.

Got the wheels, 3"over arm and 3" shaft extention from Sean Morley. Brake line too.
I made the plate braket with my father in-laws help.
200 rear was not a problem at all! I thought I was going to have to let the air out to get it in, but it fit without any issues. Put a 120 on the front, think 130 next time.

The hardest part was getting the drive shaft back together with that extension on there. I think I had to take the arm back off the bike three times before I got it to slide together. Frustrating but well worth the effort I think.

Attachments

• Newrims (6).jpg
    Newrims (6).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 94
  • Newrims (2).jpg
    Newrims (2).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Newrims (3).jpg
    Newrims (3).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 97
I still have the stock rims for sale on here, I will drop the price to $150 plus shipping if anyone wants them.

Very nice. Also where did you get the tail light? Looking for a nice aftermarket one for myself (and indicators) but having trouble finding something.

The one under the fender is just a LED bar I got from customdynamics.com, I made a little sheet metal piece to mount it to, and bolted it into the tabs that are under the fender.

Very nice-looking! A tasteful combination, subtle and clean.I don't like the gaudy bikes.

Very nice!

That 200 looks great on there. Looks centered up really well. Guessing your arm is offset?

I've had my arm off and on multiple times. Not sure why but I've had much better luck by putting the extension in the u joint before I mount the arm. Then the driveshaft seems to pop right into place first try. If I try to stick it all at once I always end up lying on the floor with a flashlight for 10 minutes or so.

Very nice looking bike ! When I finally determine I cant go any faster in the 1/4 mile with a stock swingarm I am gonna go with a 3 inch extension. If I was a better welder I would make one my self but my welding sucks so I will probably have a local fabricator make me one.

Thanks guys. The swingarm is from Sean and it does seem like there is a very slight offset built into it.

There is an offset in the arm. Helps get the tire centered and clear on the tire! The bracing is also incredibly strong. Makes a big difference on the bike when it's all together and done!

There is an offset in the arm. Helps get the tire centered and clear on the tire! The bracing is also incredibly strong. Makes a big difference on the bike when it's all together and done!

I know mine hasn't wagged its tail going around a turn since installing one of your arms braced with rectangular tubing.

Really wish those wheels were out when I added radials. Woulda saved me a bunch of headache versus the route I took!

Back