Newb with a radiaqtor question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTidwell44

Reaction score
Newb with a radiator question

Ok, I've read through various threads about the radiator and the valve positioning for riding and valve positioning for draining. What I haven't found is what to do after you position it to ON to drain. It is in the correct position to drain but it isn't draining. Am I supposed to pull the plug out any to get it to start draining? Just don't want to tear anything up and I don't have a manual to go by. :confused2::bang head:

Re: Newb with a radiator question

Ok, I've read through various threads about the radiator and the valve positioning for riding and valve positioning for draining. What I haven't found is what to do after you position it to ON to drain. It is in the correct position to drain but it isn't draining. Am I supposed to pull the plug out any to get it to start draining? Just don't want to tear anything up and I don't have a manual to go by. :confused2::bang head:

No, don't pull the plug....the coolant drains from the bottom of the water pump....right side sitting on the bike.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7351&highlight=drain+cock+assembly

it may flow faster if you remove the radiator cap. also

I do have one other question. As I was removing the plug on the water pump it started to drain and the valve on the radiator was still in the off position. So, why did it drain if the valve was off?

Latest posts

Back