Trip meter reset

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I promise I am not as dumb as this question is. I was researching how to reset the trip meter here on the site and in manuals, and I found two things. One I found references to broken trip meter knobs and the fact that you can't fix it at all if it gets broken. Two I couldn't find the proper way on how to reset the trip meter. Do I twist it, and if so what direction, push it in, so I have been nervous to TRY something and break it. So could you help a newbie out and let me know how to reset the trip meter correctly and not break anything?

Thanks,

Josh

Mine's a 1997 and I don't know what year yours is and I have no idea if all years are the same or not so take this response with a grain of salt. On my speedometer the knob is on the left side. All you do is roll the knob "forward" or top of the knob towards the front of the bike. The lowest digit displayed will click higher one digit at a time until it matches another digit, then both will click higher together. If you continue twisting, the numbers will keep clicking upward until all match then they will all click in unison. Keep turning until they all reach 0000 together. You're reset.

Mine's a 1997 and I don't know what year yours is and I have no idea if all years are the same or not so take this response with a grain of salt. On my speedometer the knob is on the left side. All you do is roll the knob "forward" or top of the knob towards the front of the bike. The lowest digit displayed will click higher one digit at a time until it matches another digit, then both will click higher together. If you continue twisting, the numbers will keep clicking upward until all match then they will all click in unison. Keep turning until they all reach 0000 together. You're reset.
Thanks @VMAX_Jon_NC ! I have a 2002. I had read about turning the knob backward would unscrew the knob so this does make sense. I will try it and let you know. Josh

Back