Next Step 2 Make It My Own

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorR6

Reaction score
Ok now that I have the front end suspension and braking the way I want it, I can see behind me and I'm happy with my new turn signals it is time for the next phase, making the carbs and engine more user friendly. This will means getting rid of the flatslides and all that came with it that I inherited from the previous owners. Great track stuff but not very practical for everyday use. No filters, 22mpg and I can't take advantaged of many of the great ideas you guys have for the stock stuff.

This will mean bringing it back to stock (carb, manifoldn, Vboost, coils, airbox and throttle) and then adding Sean's Muscle Kit and COPs. Sean agreed to get everything together that I would need when he gets back from his honeymoon. I figured I would give him an excuse to get away incase they had too much together time. LOL. Just kidding, I appreciated him doing that. I think it should be interesting to see the difference with the new setup. The only problem is finding some local who isn't afraid to do it. It is amazing the looks on mechanics faces when I mention the words Vmax and carbs together. CaptionKyle is more than happy to give it a confident go but he is an 8 hour round trip for me. I've even half jokingly offered to fly Sean down to do it. Don't get me wrong the mechanic that I've used for years is great and has done a fantastic job with my other bikes, but his face turns 2 shades of purple everytime I mention what I am planning. He always asks, "what's wrong with your current setup?"

Once I get this done then it is time for the rear end. 440 here I come.

Can't help at all with the carbs, but there is a FANTASTIC write up on the COPs conversion on this site. It is very do-able. PM birdoprey and he can send you a kit with all the wiring set up so you just plug em in.

I working on a deal with Sean to exchange my flatslides and everything that comes with it for the parts I'm missing and his Jet kit.

i think u may want ot consider doing it yourself and then bringin it somewhere for the dyno fine tuning.

tons of guys in your area to help ya outa, someone should be able to. do flatsides have vboost?

No Vboost on the flatslides. I sent several series of pictures over to Sean for him to see what was and what wasn't there. I think a couple of them left him scratching his head as to what was doing on there. So, he is just going to send me everything from soup to nuts just incase and I'll send him back what I don't need with what I take off.

Unfortunately Daytona is even further than Kyle in the Tampa area.

There is just way to much that has to be swapped out for me to feel comfortable doing on my own.

Hey you put "coils" on your list of things to get, and also said you're planning to install COPs. Don't need both!

Back