Nitrous / NOS Kit for the VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
All,
Sean Morley and I are working on putting together a Nitrous Express / NX nitrous kit for the VMax. We are trying to make this a "bolt on" kit. I'm trying to put out a "feeler" to see how much interest there is and to see if people want a hidden system or one that is out there and obvious... similar to mine. The hidden system would be higher priced and will require a little more labor to install. It will also be quite a bit harder to change jets. I'm trying to make the kit as cost effective and easy to install as possible. It would come with install insturctions, and there will probably be a few options or add-ons available.

I want this kit to include:
A fuel pressure safety swith
Bottle (size depends on if it is hidden)
Micro Switch
Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge
All the lines
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Fuel supply fitting (would replace the fuel tank drain bolt)
Nirtous and Fuel Solenoids
Solenoid Brackets
Bottle Brackets (once again depends on bottle size)
Jets for 40, 60, 80, and 100 (not recommended for stock motor) HP jets

The things I was thinking about for the add-on's would be:
Pregressive Controller
Purge Kit

The only thing we really need to work out is fitting the nozzles into the intakes. We are thinknig that we could drill and tap them on a trade-in basis, or pay extra if you want to keep your own.

I have a 40HP shot installed on my bike. On engine alone, I was at 119HP and 80ft/lbs of torque, and with the 40 shot, I put down almost 165 rwhp with 111ft/lbs of torque, and my air/fuel curve was right on!

The price is dependant on how many we order, and we will be cutting a deal to those who buy from this first order. I'm trying to keep things well under $1000. Let me know who is interested and I can start to get some better idea of costs. I attached some pictures of my bike. The braided hoses that are looped would not need to be attached that way (unless you like that look). There is a new much more flexible hose we can use that will be much cleaner.

Attachments

• P1010070.jpg
    P1010070.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 186
  • P1010068.jpg
    P1010068.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 180
  • P1010071.jpg
    P1010071.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 199
I would be interested in something like this IF things could be a little more hidden.

And when you say well under 1000 do you mean 500 or do you mean 800:biglaugh:

I would be interested in something like this IF things could be a little more hidden.

And when you say well under 1000 do you mean 500 or do you mean 800:biglaugh:

Here is my setup, as you can see all the solenoids are hidden back against the battery box. I dont care for the snake look with wires hanging over my cylinder heads.. Its easy to make a bracket for the battery box..

Attachments

• NOS FUEL PUMP.jpg
    NOS FUEL PUMP.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 202
  • NOS SOLENOID MOUNTING.jpg
    NOS SOLENOID MOUNTING.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 205
  • NOS Solenoid.jpg
    NOS Solenoid.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 207
It could be much more hidded. I'm with Lankee, I don't like the looped SS hoses, and after talking with Mike at NX, we have a few options. If you want to completely hide the solenoids, we will have to go with something similar to Lankee's setup or hide it under the faux tank lid. I was also thinking that if someone had the stage 7 kit, we could put the nozzle into the tube that replaces the butterfly valves for the Vboost and have a very smiple/hidden system. To completely hide the kit, you would either have to go to 1lb bottles or you would have to get individual air filters (like the stage 7) and we could probably get a 2lb or maybe a 2.5lb bottle unter the lid.

As far as the price goes I probably shouldn't have put "well under $1000" but we am hoping to have the first orders priced around $800 to $900. I'm a little hesitant to put a price to it since we don't know how hidden people want it, bottle sizes, bottle location, etc.

You could hide a bottle in a fake exhaust can while using a 4-1 on the other side.

And the NX pump / solenoids etc could go in place of the front and rear coils if you go for COPs.

Why hide it? I love hearing "Holy shit look that bike has NOS" "Is that really Nitrous" "That bike must be like a rocket ship" and many other comments I hear... It will stop people in there tracks when they see a blue bottle hanging off the side!!

My one buddy that has a 40K Harley gets pissed when we park our bikes everyone goes around mine looking at the nitrous and gauge setup..

I hear ya m8, but I think the ones thinking of hiding it want the power but not the trouble with the blue lights...

'Of course officer, this is my coffee thermos..'

I hear ya m8, but I think the ones thinking of hiding it want the power but not the trouble with the blue lights...

'Of course officer, this is my coffee thermos..'

NOS Isnt ilegal here in the USA.
The one time I stopped on my VMAX due to he was on my ass and had my liscense plate number already..

He looked at my nitrous bottle and said "So, do you use the nitrous on the street" :ummm:

I said well if I was using it, you would have clocked me doing 165 rather than 85!! He just looked at me and shook his head....

I would be interested in a NOS Setup for my Chinese Scooter Ol Fortune Cookie.. One question though,, can you add some LED's to them hoses this way it looks like a string of Christmas lights:rofl_200: Can I get my hoses long so I can maybe wrap em around the bike 2-3 times?

Ooops forgot to add this pic.. Check out this cluster F

Attachments

• India Tech support.jpg
    India Tech support.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 104
Well Ive been looking at different setups, I personally like the braided lines.(let them know its there as lankeeyankee stated)
any idea how long your talking? I wanted to install one over the winter. So if its anytime soon with a reasonable price count me in.
Ive done a lot of business With Sean over the last few months so he knows who Iam. Keep us posted.

Mod monkey has something to do with Zombie threads I'm sure. I like the idea and have forged pistons and con rods just waiting for such a mod. Honestly, nothing I saw was hidden enough for me and I always wanted to hide NOS inside/ under a solo tail section or by removing the battery with a Lipo in its place. Even thought of something as crazy as a SMALLER gas tank to accomodate the juice. I know Prez or Weasel could fab it no problem.

Mod monkey has something to do with Zombie threads I'm sure. I like the idea and have forged pistons and con rods just waiting for such a mod. Honestly, nothing I saw was hidden enough for me and I always wanted to hide NOS inside/ under a solo tail section or by removing the battery with a Lipo in its place. Even thought of something as crazy as a SMALLER gas tank to accomodate the juice. I know Prez or Weasel could fab it no problem.

Well In truth I am not overly worried about it being completely hidden, I just dont like the big tank out there saying "Hey cops!!! Look at me!!!"

I would like the idea of nos on the bike but, I would like the plumbing hidden. The bottle I could have where people could see it and it would not bother me. Can't wait to see the finished product. :rocket bike:

Just put the plumbing in your airbox :biglaugh:

nitrous.jpg

Latest posts

Back