No vmax choppers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all. Just a question... I'm building an old-school, hardtail chopper. (Think Easyriders) This kind of bike typically has a Harley engine, although lots of them have British twins or even Japanese inline 4's. But I can't find a picture of one with a vmax engine. Anywhere. Search "vmax chopper" and lots of bikes come up, but not a single one of them looks anything like the style of chopper that was popular in the 70's. There are "streetfighters" and "cafe racers", but no choppers. I'm starting to think I might be making something unique, but that's highly unlikely. Has anyone here ever seen a classic chopper with a vmax engine in it?
Not a chopper but is hardtail putting her back on road slowly here in uk

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Hardtail trike here in uk it's a us spec full power unit

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
All very beautiful bikes. I have only one problem with bikes that are built very low, once you put the rider on top of one, the rider sticks up or out so much that the combination just looks off. I prefer bikes that look great combined with the rider.

Lots of examples of nice choppers out there. Is there one with a vmax engine? Surely it's been done. But if so, the builder(s) didn't take one picture? Not one? Seems odd.

Some various non standard Vmax stuff. Some done through here, some parts sent to, and some I just saved the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170507_122622297.jpg
    IMG_20170507_122622297.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 36587349_10209397987465876_2536674892665847808_n.jpg
    36587349_10209397987465876_2536674892665847808_n.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 65537748_2725086047561827_8542563993238110208_n.jpg
    65537748_2725086047561827_8542563993238110208_n.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00353.JPG
    DSC00353.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Extended Vmax Forks 1.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Raked Front End with Triples.jpg
    Raked Front End with Triples.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190622_081249.jpg
    IMG_20190622_081249.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Hello all. Just a question... I'm building an old-school, hardtail chopper. (Think Easyriders) This kind of bike typically has a Harley engine, although lots of them have British twins or even Japanese inline 4's. But I can't find a picture of one with a vmax engine. Anywhere. Search "vmax chopper" and lots of bikes come up, but not a single one of them looks anything like the style of chopper that was popular in the 70's. There are "streetfighters" and "cafe racers", but no choppers. I'm starting to think I might be making something unique, but that's highly unlikely. Has anyone here ever seen a classic chopper with a vmax engine in it?
Search back to May 3rd 2012, KJShover posted. Its a REAL Vmax chopper!

Here's one of the most custom chopper max I have seen
Well now that's interesting. I joined the forum simply to reply to this post, as old as it is. I built that chopper. It was called "Nemesis". Based off a 1985 V-Max, with front and rear kits coming from Mad Max Enterprises. The frame was modified by a couple of friends who owned a machine shop here in Ontario. The rear is the 250 kit which actually comes with two driveshafts to keep the wheel centered. One angles outward from the motor to a joint, and then the second goes back to the drive at the rear wheel. I still had to make a custom seat and add a fuel cell under it, followed by paint and chrome to complete it. A gentleman from the Ottawa area made me an offer and purchased it. I would say this is around 15 years or so, if not more.

Cannon

Thanks for providing the provenance of the bike. It certainly is original, and 'bad to the bone.'

Last year I was at Daytona Bike Week, and at a show at the Indian dealer, there was a guy from Ontario with a dressed VMax. I ran into John Furber, a great VMax enthusiast, and he knew the guy. He told me, "that guy's bike is something, but you should see his wife's/G.F.'s VMax, it's better!" John unfortunately, has joined the riders in Heaven.

1709994093083.png

1709994122168.png

John Furber:

1709994169876.png

Godspeed, John.

I've always loved VMax's - I'm a big fan of the old Streetfighters magazine. I stopped building bikes many years ago. I was just tired of the show circuit. The last bike I built was a custom softail for myself, probably 20-odd years ago. I currently ride a turbo Road Glide, which I really enjoy.

For those in Ontario who are old enough (like me) to remember the bike shows in the early 2000's, a couple of bikes I built included the chrome FJ1200 with supercharger & nitrous ("Black Sunshine"), and the lightning hayabusa ("Black Thunder").

Those were good times. I met many people and made a great deal of new friends.

Cannon

Well now that's interesting. I joined the forum simply to reply to this post, as old as it is. I built that chopper. It was called "Nemesis". Based off a 1985 V-Max, with front and rear kits coming from Mad Max Enterprises. The frame was modified by a couple of friends who owned a machine shop here in Ontario. The rear is the 250 kit which actually comes with two driveshafts to keep the wheel centered. One angles outward from the motor to a joint, and then the second goes back to the drive at the rear wheel. I still had to make a custom seat and add a fuel cell under it, followed by paint and chrome to complete it. A gentleman from the Ottawa area made me an offer and purchased it. I would say this is around 15 years or so, if not more.

Cannon
Thanks for the info Cannon. If you have any build pics I would love them for my photo albums. My email is [email protected]

Last year I was at Daytona Bike Week, and at a show at the Indian dealer, there was a guy from Ontario with a dressed VMax. I ran into John Furber, a great VMax enthusiast, and he knew the guy. He told me, "that guy's bike is something, but you should see his wife's/G.F.'s VMax, it's better!" John unfortunately, has joined the riders in Heaven.

View attachment 93130

View attachment 93131

That is Pierre Desjardines bike. We helped him with many parts on both of his builds as I am sure others have done too. Both of the Vmax's in his garage are very nice.

I'm sorry - I don't have any further pics of the build, other than a second shot of the bike's other side (that photo was out front of my house). It was so long ago.

Cannon

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
I like Zeus36's bike, you're not gonna see many VMaxes like that!

My roommate in college, back in '70, rode to school on a new Kawasaki Blue Streak 500cc two-stroke triple, the white one, w/blue striping, two skinny ones amd one fat one between 'em. It had a front end of a similar appearance and rake. I never took a close look at it to see if it was just slugs, or if it was new downtubes. Dunno about how the rake was done, either. When it came 'on the pipe,' the front wheel would just skip over the pavement as it broke contact.

Back