now I am PISSED!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Today I got home all happy as I knew all my parts had arrived from Gary McCoy and so I was gonna get my bike back on the road after two weeks off while it was in bits.

As I started fitting my new front wheel bearings, I looked at the service manual for reference, and noticed a couple of parts I didn't remember seeing or removing :ummm::ummm:

Some of you guys may remember that my bike used to have a collar missing from the rear wheel assembly - the one that lives just behind the rear brake caliper bracket. :confused2:
Well, on the front, BOTH the spacer and the flange that are supposed to be between the two wheel bearings were ALSO MISSING!!! No wonder the ol' bearings died.. :doh::th_signs60::th_signs132:

A call to the only two local Yamaha stealers revealed that - of course - neither had these in stock. :bang head: So I ordered them (only $10 for both parts) but it means the bike is off the road for another week while I wait for these bits.

I wanna fuckin' KILL that retarded PO or mechanic that worked on my bike!!
If I knew who it was I'd be all over him/her with :boxing00:
and :BoomSmilie_anim:
and :character36:
and :flamethrower:
and :gun shoot:
and :hammer bash:
and :th_biggun::th_biggun::th_biggun:too.

:404:

sorry Naughty to here the shit your dealing with and i went and told you to stay out of the arcade well you cant ride so go back to gaming it up!
Chris

At least the parts missing only cost you a week's riding time. It could have been worse. A lot worse.

That is very true - especially with the rear wheel collar - the wheel could actually move sideways by almost half an inch!!

Those front wheel missing parts would also explain my bearings' failure - they are supposed to take the load when tightening the front axle to the prescribed torque setting..

I still wanna kill whoever it was that work on this bike b4 me :damn angry:

That is very true - especially with the rear wheel collar - the wheel could actually move sideways by almost half an inch!!

Those front wheel missing parts would also explain my bearings' failure - they are supposed to take the load when tightening the front axle to the prescribed torque setting..

I still wanna kill whoever it was that work on this bike b4 me :damn angry:

G, Are you saying you were going 125 mph with both front & back wheels missing spacers? :ummm:
HOLY HOG SHIT BATMAN!!! Totally agree with Jayhawk (which doesn't happen all that often) that could have had a much different outcome, a much less favorable one for you. :bang head:
On the bright side-Some more Arcade time, :thumbs up:
AND there's a REAL good chance you just found the source of that pesky wobble issue!! :biglaugh:

Yup - I went up to 125mph with the rear wheel flapping sideways, no spacers between the front wheel bearings, and VERY dead steering head bearings too. Suicide wish? :stretche:

Kind explains a lot of my wobbling problems, dunnit.. :hmmm:

Al least once it's all fix it should be a MUCH improved ride, and I'm very much looking forward to it! :clapping::clapping:

Glad to hear you didn't outrun your guardian angel naughtyG,..sounds like your really gonna enjoy the ride once your beast is put back together.

Good find, and glad it didn't bite you before you found it......

This and many other stories I've heard on here are why unless it's a job you just absolutely can't do you should just do the work yourself....

You'll get the pride out of learning and not having to depend on someone else..

90% of the guys that are going to wrench on your bike at a dealer never saw a vmax before and......And it's astounding how little most of them know, or how they just jump in and "wing" a job they haven't done before without even looking at a manual or knowing the procedure......

I know there are good ones out there but I don't trust any of them enough to find out which ones.....

Latest posts

Back