Oil Burnin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marecki

Reaction score
Hello to all, I've talked to a couple of you on the phone before (Sean more than anyone else) I'm the guy from Chicago

My dad bought a 05 vmax last month from a guy in WestPalmBeach (its the red one with all chrome, and the glass covers) anyways... he was riding it home yesterday from a bike place and it started raining... some dumbshit turned right infront of him and he had no chance to brake and the bike tipped and hit the ground... visually there only thing damaged is frame slider, the chrome vmax filter on left hand side, muffler scratched and dented (dent was caused by the muffler hitting the spring/shock), handle bar is bent (needs to be replaced), and some other minor cosmetic damages... I went and picked him up, he drove the car home and I took the bike... I noticed though the bike is burning oil, or what looks like oil... I know for a fact that the exhaust never released any smoke, and now the left muffler does... what should I look for, what should I be concerned about.

Also, can someone provide me some decent handle bars? I believe the ones on the bike are heli... link and $ would be great!

Hey sorry to hear about this - I hope your dad is ok?

About the oil, it's possible that some ended up in the wrong place while the bike was laying down and that is what you are noticing. Give it a little time and see if it's still burning.
What type of exhaust muffler is on that bike?

Yea, everything is fine, it was a low speed on a new parking lot (he was leaving my place)

I'd understand if oil got in the wrong place, but I rode 15miles back to his place, additionally I worked the engine a bit (high revs) so if oil got somwhere it shouldt, it would be gone by now (or I'd think)... plus it's only puffing on the exhaust the got hit, the right side is clean, no smoke

HMF I believe

I'd think it is still just oil that got in the pipe when it was down since it is only smoking out the exhaust side that was down.

Ano znaczy marek, moj ojciec :) cze marek z wroclawia

I rode around today, no more smoke, gave it some gas and made sure it's riding decent...

Overall I think everything is good, only problem is the handle bars... anyone make any recommendations?

were they stock? can usuall pick up a pair of stock bars pretty cheap, esp if u ask around on the forum. i personally like stock, but second picked are drag bars with a slight pullback.

can you link me to something specific, I've spent a day looking at some on the forum, I was going to call Sean tomorrow to see what he has.

he is still on his honeymoon so i'd wait 'til he gets back.

some guys run the flanders drag bars. i used to but they bugged my shoulder. other vmax companies (python, etc) also sell bars.

what bars were on them when it went down? stock?

i'd say this is a pretty common dragbar option:

Attachments

• 03edc432-3ca9-45a6-8350-4bd3364f7e12[1].jpg
    03edc432-3ca9-45a6-8350-4bd3364f7e12[1].jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 11
Ano znaczy marek, moj ojciec :) cze marek z wroclawia

I rode around today, no more smoke, gave it some gas and made sure it's riding decent...

Overall I think everything is good, only problem is the handle bars... anyone make any recommendations?
Siemano. Do wrocka mam 66km, jestem spod legnicy :)

I use to run with drag bar. Pretty short one, about 720mm width and love it.

ojciec jest z nowej soli, bedzie sie wyprowadzal tam z vmaxem' bedzies mu pomagal psuc :)

Przemek, can you link me to what you have? How is the ride? Comfort... how is the angle you sit at? hows the turning, does it improve or make it more difficult to turn the bike ?

Gamgor, see I have a feeling they're too wide, going to make is weird on a cruise.... I dont know, according to what I've seen online they look like heli's, but at the same time they look stock.

Alan

sprowadziles swojego ze stanow, czy kupiles w polsce?

I'm 6'1" too, dad is 6'0 so more or less the same height, I've been looking at drag bars, but I have a feeling it gives it more of a sport feel than cruiser, and arms might start to hurt.

Sprowadzilem jak dolar stal po dwa zyla wec wyrwalem za grosze.
Z IL nawet, mam kolezke w niles :)

IMO stock bar is like riding the bull, in any moment you mat fall out :rofl_200:

This bar just give more sense of seafty :)
Not sport not a crusier, smoething beteween.

Fajna kolezanka? Moze tesz moja jest :) lub bedzie... hehe... Ja w Des Plaines mieszkam... :)

Can you give me some pics? I need something to compare to... see riding stance

jego.... pffft... jak ma na imie? jezdhzi na motorze?

Its hard to tell from the lo quality pics how it looks :p

myslalem ze zapomniales "an" :) Znam kilku tomkow, tylko jeden mieszka w niles ma braciszka Krzysiek

Sounds like you're having trouble with everything... crashed bike and a broken camera

Flanders bars on my bike...

Great feel and your weight's biased on the front wheel for better handling.

Chris

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 9
Back