Oil Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine1964

Reaction score
Okay I need lots of ideas on the the fastest cheapest easiest way to fix an oil leak arond the trans shift shaft.

Are you sure that it leaking around the shaft? The reason I am asking, I thought mine was leaking around the shaft and it turned out to be leaking at the rubber gromets / wires from the stater.

Are you sure that it leaking around the shaft? The reason I am asking, I thought mine was leaking around the shaft and it turned out to be leaking at the rubber gromets / wires from the stater.

Ditto..........

There are several possible areas that can leak in the general area of the shift shaft. One is the middle gear cover and there is a copper washer on the bottom bolt and if not there it will leak. Another is the stator wires coming from the stator cover. There is a grommet that the wire run through that can be sealed with silicone.
Are you sure it is engine oil that is leaking? It could possibly be the clutch slave is leaking as well. If you can discern where the leak is coming from for positive it should be easy enough to fix it up, let us know what you find.

Okay I need lots of ideas on the the fastest cheapest easiest way to fix an oil leak around the trans shift shaft.

As suggested in other posts the quickest way is to correctly identify where the fluid is coming from.
One other potential area to add is the neutral switch O ring.

Thoroughly clean around the back of the flywheel cover and around the area where the clutch slave cylinder sits. It's not easy to get at but you should aim to get it oil free.
Go for a short ride and then look under the bike - hopefully you will be able to see where oil is leaking.
If not keep repeating the process until you score.

PS - suggest you don't do the lying on the ground bit out on public roads - some goon is bound to call the police and ambulance to help the poor sod who has died beside his bike!

Back