otec lock-up and still a little slipage !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZX1441r

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the Otec lock-up clutch/pressure plate. Mostly in high gear ( 3&4 ) going to add some weight to 3 of the 6 arms. Approximately 30 grams, anybody else try tuning this set-up ??

If it is still slipping on a stock motor then you likely have loose rivets on the inner clutch basket. Even with a bigger engine i'd check that first.

Has all the typical add-ons stock dyno'd 172 hp after add-ons 189 hp. Only has 550 miles on it ? Steel plates are barely showing any heat in them ! Not sure how much additional pressure the Otec actually adds or what the stack height is suppose to be ?

That lock up will hold 350 hp. Need to space it out so it don't bottom out.

Attachments

• received_1281247832512747.jpeg
    received_1281247832512747.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 0
OK, it can handle up to 350 HP !! But I'm sure only if it's adjusted right, so again does anybody have a stack height range and has anyone else attempted to add weights to the arms. I'm thinking there should be some type of gap range that can be measured. I have some experience with the MTC Gen2 lock-up, I have in a couple of my other bikes.

Just take the last fiber out and slide the lockup back on and measure the gap. Gap has to be less than the last frition. It will hit the 3 rivets on the inner hub and not apply pressure if the stack isn't tall enough.

3 Imprint marks from rivets if stack height isn't tall enough

Attachments

• received_3441118139492951.jpeg
    received_3441118139492951.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 0
Does this lock-up clutch intentionally slip at launch/low rpm’s? Or does it bite like DD-mod? Looking for a lighter clutch lever.

It is the same as stock (only uses 1 spring). A double d is good to about 225 hp then it slips the lock up extends that to about 350hp then starts to slip. I doubled the weight on all the arms to 13 grams (comes with 6.5 grams).

A natural aspirated engine won't ever slip with a lock up. The arms are fully applied by 5500 rpms so the engine isn't into its power to slip the clutch.

Yes, experimenting with mine as we speak. Trying out different launch RPM's, feel's like at 5000 RPM's it's fully engaged but not completely locked. Granted I'm still making adjustments, added 1 gram washer to 3 arms and improved my 330 a bit.

Back