Parts Purchasing Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricko

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the carbs on my 85 that has been stored about 12 years. It's time to bite the bullet and start ordering the gaskets, o-rings and diaphragms. Is the general consensus buy OEM from Yamaha? Do the discount internet parts suppliers have OEM as they say? Does anyone know where to get the slide diaphragms only? I can't find the guy on Ebay and I'd sure like to try that first. If I break any, then I'll buy the whole assembly.

Dunno, might be cheaper to buy the whole rack of carbs on eBay, the guys at my local dealer wanted $126 for diaphrams alone!

One2dmax (Sean Morley) here on this forum probably stocks most, if not all the parts you will need, and would have the fastest shipping time available. Try PM'ing him.

Thanks, the thing about another set of carbs is most need going through and might need parts too. I have a stage 1 kit in mine that would have to be swaped also. I guess I just need to quit whining and start ordering stuff.

I have bought almost everything inside my carbs from partshark.com and every item was official Yamaha packaging.

Not the fastest, they have to get items from a warehouse or something like that.

Sean Morely probably has the stuff in hand, and he can help you with info if things get ugly.

Gary

All Yamaha parts for carbs here, except for the afttermarket diaphrams. I didn't take the slides apart to change them. Have about 3k on them (diaphrams) with no issues. Yep Seans your man.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back