Pistons,

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewrench

Reaction score
Where is the best (least expensive) place to get oversize pistons. I read on another thread where someone got them for 45 apiece. The sight I usually use are 63 + 35 for rings. That's 380 + shipping. Pretty steep for a poor mechanic. I need 1 step oversize, looks like some water was in #3, got a little rusty patch. Bike sat a while, maybe didn't have a spark plug in it, don't know. Doesn't look like the heads were ever taken off. My great deal just became a good deal,,,maybe.

contact Sean Morley (one2dmax) . I am sure he could help you in this . I wish my pistons were only 380$ lol

Yea, I would normally agree and they only reason I have them was for the type of engines that were being built in the past with the limits the racing body had for the class the engines were used in. They would be a lot less then the aftermarket stuff (at least for the set I have which are new in the boxes).

Sean

That is true but I can get oversize custom pistons in any size you want. I can get 12:1 forged pistons in .5mm sizing up to 2.5mm over (1275cc) for about $580-$600 for 4 new pistons, rings, pins, and locks. Most of the time they are even in stock. I think I recently priced the ones I have for $250 for pistons, rings, pins and locks to someone else. They are normally more then that.

Sean

Hey guys, Redbone got it right. My #3 cyl wall is toast. I've yet to measure it but I'm pretty sure 1 oversize will fix it. I'll get my machinist to measure once I've got it completely stripped. I'm thinking stock compression is enough, damn thing goes over 130 running poor.(purely for medicinal purposes!) Can't wait till all 4 are humming.
Anybody do re-bushing or sell kits to re-bush throttle shafts?
Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back