Plug pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
I hope this is the right area. I was considering "Motor", but whatever. Here's what my plugs looked like after squirting around in the neighborhood on my first ride last night. They are arranged like the cylinders when sitting on the bike (#1 is bottom left). So I'm not sure if there's no fuel getting in or there's no spark. Didn't think to actually crank the bike before I pulled them all last night. I think wires might be in order, but the others look ok to me. At least they're doing something. Let me know what you think. I'll go find that "how to read your plugs" thread.

Attachments

• Plugs.jpg
    Plugs.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 60
Another camera angle would have been better for an evaluation, bottom side of plug with a clear view of the porcelan and the tips.

Another camera angle would have been better for an evaluation, bottom side of plug with a clear view of the porcelan and the tips.

I agree with Joe, but by the look of the pristine base ring and ceramic, my guess would be "no fuel".
To test, it should be just a simple matter of switching out the fuel supply lines between the carb. supplying this cylinder, and another one. But I've never been that involved with carbs. I'm sure the gurus will kick in with suggestions, very soon now.......
Cheers!

Only thing that comes to mind is the #1 float stuck closed not allowing any fuel to enter that carb. Loosen the drain screw for that carb and see if fuel drains.

Then check for spark.

How did it run? Feel & sound like it was on 3 cylinders instead of 4?

If you had fuel and no spark it would have come out wet and smelling strongly of gas.

Back