plug wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
I want to replace my wires till I get my cops. I found some orange Taylor 8.2mm wires at jegs that are a universal fit motorcycle wire. Has anyone used them can I use them is there a specific wire I need? Thanks

are youre old ones really horrible? you can snip the ends off em and kinda rejuvenate em.

They are old n just want new ones. Left fronts been cut back n is real short . Also bike runs kinda ruff when riding in the rain.

I'm using a similar accel product. Suppression wire. Since they're suppression instead of the stock non suppression wire I ditched the factory boots with the resistors and am using the regular accel boots. I've had n issues with the set up. This is with using a Dyna 3000 TCI

I never have good luck with 'universal fit' stuff....it never seems to fit anything!

Can you buy the wire in bulk and cut your own? Maybe some other guys interested to help share the wire cost? :confused2:

I never have good luck with 'universal fit' stuff....it never seems to fit anything!

Can you buy the wire in bulk and cut your own? Maybe some other guys interested to help share the wire cost? :confused2:

Danny one of the sets I looked a5as cut to fit. I was thinking new wires old boots? Definitely don'twant to go from bad to worse.

Danny one of the sets I looked a5as cut to fit. I was thinking new wires old boots? Definitely don'twant to go from bad to worse.

Can't see where there would be any problems with that....just take the plug caps apart and clean up any corrosion that's accumulated....there's some dis-similar metals in there.

If your using the stock coils you may have to do some finagling to get those screw on collars and grommet to fit over the bigger wire.

The kits I've used we're "universal" in that no ends were made up at all. And a decent selection of straight and 45 degree terminals and boots were provided.

If your going to make your own up invest in a decent crimp tool, nothing worse than having the crimp come loose every time you try to pull a wire/boot.

Seems all the prices are for 2 wires. Don't they sell em for 4 cylinder bikes Damn. Ya I figured I will have to open up the boots to fit the 8.2 mm in there. My problem is I want em in orange lol.

Just my opinion, work on getting the cops, It's one of the best upgrades i have done, cold starts, worring about all the cracks that the old coils, cutting my nuckles changing those wires out, all gone

Accel usually has an 8 cylinder cut your own kit at O'rielly's for around $40

Have seen yellow and red but not orange.

I'm sure summit has them tho, they have all kinds of wired colors but not sure about the Mfgr. , might be Moroso.

I like the orange idea. Post up what you find, I'd be interested in going that route myself since my bike is mango candy orange.

I like the COP idea too. Wonder how the power compares to the dynatek coils I have?
The dynatek's a are a pain in the ass to deal with and aren't a direct fit in spite of what their website says. I had to "rig" them in place.

I want the cops but the $ just isn't there I'm in debt from my bike lol
Rusty if you Google orange motorcycle ignition wires there are a few places to get them. I'm going w Taylor thunderbolt wires from jegs.

If your going to use 8mm or a little larger, some dielectric grease is going to be your best friend. I'm running 8mm wires on my bike and it made things a tone easier to plug in on the stocker coils. I just ordered dyna coils and they're supposed to fit better, we will see when they come in.

If your going to use 8mm or a little larger, some dielectric grease is going to be your best friend. I'm running 8mm wires on my bike and it made things a tone easier to plug in on the stocker coils. I just ordered dyna coils and they're supposed to fit better, we will see when they come in.

KJ, holler at me if you need to when you get them and I'll shoot you some pics of the rear ones at least.
I hade to make some brackets since the hole through the core bar used to mount then was oriented differently than the stockers.
The fronts are really "rigged" in place sitting in the spot where my vboost servo used to be. ( which I've since reinstalled so now it too is rigged in place as well) I was really sort of pissed at the time since they implied they were plug and play.

"I like the COP idea too. Wonder how the power compares to the dynatek coils I have?
The dynatek's a are a pain in the ass to deal with and aren't a direct fit in spite of what their website says. I had to "rig" them in place". Well Rusty i can't say as to how the cops compare to the dynatek coils (never ran Dynatek's) but i do know that with the cops my bike starts easier, has really good throttle response, and it's such a neat setup with only a harnes plug coming out straight to the cop, and i'am also running a Dyna ignition. also if u want orange surley you could find some orange heat shrink to put rite over the cop, i put red on mine, then yellow, then went back to red just like that.

I ended up going w 7mm wires n stock caps/boots.they fit n look Sweet.The orange was on back order as was the black so my choicest were red or yellow I went w red.

Back