Poll, give the gun back??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I give this guy his gun back??

• No, he got a good deal

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No, if willing to let it go he didn't need it.

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Yes, he might need the thing to protect his family

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Yes, you screwed him and have no heart

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who says this guy is broke or down on his luck?! they came up with the money and a NEW Glock, deals done! He may already have another gun on order right now, and a PS3 and a new smart phone too.

Take the deal and go on with your happy life, that's what I say. Most people who can't afford an asking price ask for a lower price. They could afford it.

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses guys, much appreciated!:punk:

I'm out of town in Louisianna for a week so got time to think about it....

I'm leaning towards keeping it, for the reason stated regarding that he could have bought a much cheaper more ecomical truck for half the money. He was only too happy to throw it into the deal. So it wasn't hurting his feelings any....

Thanks again...

I agree, no one forced him to buy your truck or even offer the gun. If he wants another gun, he'll get one. Sounds like you got a great deal!

First of all; I like the fact that you "thought about it" after the deal went down. Sounds like you want to do the right thing..
You have a "be fair" conscience...........congratulations.

BUT, You didn't twist the guy's arm to make the deal; he had the option to attempt to get you to lower your cash price. He had the option to buy a cheaper truck. Obviously he wanted your truck. Sounds like he threw in the Glock to seal the deal so to speak. If her really wants, or feels like he needs another weapon; he'll get one.

Just for grins; go to a reputable gun dealer..........ask him what he'll give you in cash for the Glock?
That might make your conscience feel better?

If it doesn't, or you still don't feel right; try something similiar to Buster's idea...............

I don't see the necessity for a big guilt trip, but if it's bugging you; do something about it, and move on.
Walking around, feeling like you have a good karma trip going is worth a lot.............sometimes more than a couple of hundred extra bucks.

Jester 42

Dealers here seem to have a standard offer unless the handgun is way out of the ordinary... I've seen so many people selling to gun stores lately, it's unreal. Around here $150.00 is the standard offer...:confused2:And people sell for that.

Collectors firearms in Houston is about the most reputable fair place for a straight up no hassle sell to a dealer and not an individual.

They buy 'em to sell 'em. I wouldn't expect over $250-$275 from them.

The Glock would private party sale at one of the Relaint Center gun shows for about $350-$450, depends on who wants it and how bad.....

Dealers at the Gun show of course will screw you horribly unless it's something really rare and cool they can make a load on, other than that all guns are commodities to dealers, with no emotion attached...

I don't know how other states are but the cool things about gun shows in Texas are that in addition to the dealers any one walking around on the floor can buy and sell to individuals, as any citizen can any where in Teaxs, not just the shows, and it's a good place to find a buyer.....

If you ever heard of the gun show "loop hole" that's it....The only way to plug that loop hole is to forbid ALL private party buying and selling, not just at gun shows, and force it through a dealer like Cali. does.......A serious blow to gun rights since it equivocates to lifetime registration of a firearm regardless of who owns it.....It's also why I will almost never buy a new firearm or a used firearm from a dealer, The gov't doesn't need to know what's in my safe....Closing the loop hole would extend that hazard to all guns, not just ones purchased from a dealer...

I have never bought a new gun but am looking at one now & thinking about the permit but I dont like the idea of the goverment knowing every thing either so not sure if I wanna do this.

Theoretically fed. law says background paperwork (brady) is destroyed after a month or two. (There have been lawsuits over this one, forcing the feds to get rid of it even tho it's law that they HAVE to) After that a gun w/ serial number can only be traced to the dealer and 1st sale, they have to have the serial 1st. There currently is no federal system to trace an owner to a gun, only a gun to the 1st dealer sale. (Except for full auto guns, which are easier to legally obtain than one might think, my brother has several) State laws of course are all over the place. If you live in a state where private sales are illegal then it's a safe bet that the state knows where all legally sold guns are, traceable from gun to owner OR from owner to gun, resulting in defacto registration even if they don't call it that. Texas has no registration at all, even for concealed carry they don't register the actual gun. They only know you have a permit and whether it's for a revolver only, or revolver or auto.
I don't know about Florida, I bet Dave knows tho'

I don't trust the feds to follow their own rules which is why I won't buy a new one

i am the same way but i do agree with most people on this one if you feel bad you might be feeling bad for a reason. Offer it back in good faith and see what they say. They might say no a deal is a deal and it will make you feel better. no matter what you didn't do anything wrong. hard decision though... just my 2 cents

Keep the gun, you offered a fair price and they happily paid. Some people haggle others do not. If i am getting a good deal on something I will not haggle. If the deal is just so so, I will haggle everytime. It is always worth more to if i know the history of a vehicle.

Rusty, think about how you maintain your vehicles. They got a great deal!!!!!!

Come by and see us on your way through next time. You can stay at the house if you need a break. We are only 7.2 miles north of 30 on hwy 7. Barry

Keep it....as stated by many others....you asked a fair price for the truck, they knew it was a fair price and offered the gun to seal the deal. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

It would be totally different if they paid too much for the truck, tried to talk you down and you suggested the firearm.......at that point you would have been a typical used car salesman. ;-)

What comes around should go around. Keep it and pay it forword to someone in need down the road. The glock .40 is a great gun. Have fun with it. If you come accross a good person in need sell it and help them out. If you pay it forword it will come back to you.

Back